Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this really old Amiga, and I use to have some brilliant old games. I loved lemmings. Anyway I know some games are designed to work under DOS not just AmigaDOS. So I stuck in a floppy in my standard floppy drive, but it doesn't detect it properly. But then I heard you could use the Amiga floppy drive, so that it will detect the disk and games should work. So I ripped it out my Amiga floppy controller, then stuck it in my PC. Problem, the power connection was to small to connect to the larger one in my PC. It's a real shame because I wanted to play some old classics. The reason I am telling you this is because, I want to know if anyone has ever got this to work under DOS on your PC?

S

·
0 Posts
why not just get winuae for some amiga emulation on your pc?
that seems much easier to me...

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeah, winuae is the way to go, :)

If you search some of the popular emu sites, you should find a set of utils called, "Amiga In A Box", this contains practically everything you need to get set up, short of workbench and the kickstart roms.

Many an hour ive spent reliving my teenage years, the amiga rocked you know!.

·
Registered
13 Posts
and just as i posted the last message i fired up my favourite news site and it seems Jaybee has just released a new version of "AIAB",

so it definatley wont be that hard to find, !!!

S

·
0 Posts
UAE has had an update recently also. That is the one I use and it works great. I, too, used to have an Amiga 500 and the games on it were fantastic. I am gladd that the Amiga is being emulated. By the way, you can pick up the lastest release of UAE at www.vg-network.com Have fun.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 5 of 5 Posts