Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just tested it and the FF8 bug looks like usual bug. If I remember correctly, in my case it was the mask set on vram vram transfers. I wasn't setting the flag so when using the render as texture it wouldn't blend.

Question! About masks actually. In the Basic - REG test, the mask test.. something like:
E6 FFFFFF
A0 write 0x00000000
C0 read those 32bit
Expect zero

How does mask affect trasfers? Because from reading @nocash docs my guess was to check and set, and my result was 0x80008000 as result from that test. :confused:

PS: Thanks for the tools and for making an account. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, the plugin should be pixel perfect. I have over 1 GB of various dumps from real hardware as well as an extensive test suite to verify the emulation.

As for FF8, that's interesting. Might be a bug, or might be a timing issue. The current psemu plugin interface is frame based (and lack IRQ handling), which means that timing sensitive games may act up in various kind of ways.

Have a look at the Misc section of my wiki, there you can find various silly demos, created mainly to mess with current emulators. Most of those can't be emulated correctly by any plugin based emulator due to plugin interface limitations.
AmiDog could you please add option to increase internal resolution.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Would it be feasible to increase the window size? I use 1920 x 1080 resolution and it's kinda hard to see the small window (esp. RPGs). Again, it's awesome to have an alternative plugin that actually looks very close to how PSX games looked, just wondering is all :D:D

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
This one was as of 5/10/14 I believe, not sure what the change log is lol.

I think this is it:

1.8 (2014-05-10): Fixed VRAM masking. Improved status emulation.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Updated changelog! And I would assume the FF8 effect should be fixed.
The battle screen effect?

Edit: The effect looks pretty sweet on here. My only beef again, is the lack of making the windowed screen slightly bigger, seeing as I have my desktop set to 1080p, kinda makes me strain. Trivial, I know, I hope there will eventually be an option to make it bigger without having to use full screen:D;)

·
GameCube Player!
1,303 Posts
for gods sake stop pestering developers to open up the source, he's doing this for free and it's his choice... get on with it.

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Would increasing the window size be plausible? Windowed mode is kinda straining on a 1080p screen, and full screen isn't adjustable. Is this possible to implement? I love the accuracy, I just want the window size to be bigger ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
for gods sake stop pestering developers to open up the source, he's doing this for free and it's his choice... get on with it.
He is right though closed source plugins are one of main reasons PSX emulation did not advance in last 6 years and its waste of potential in general.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Please do make a new thread for the open source crusade. Since it has derailed a bunch of threads already.

It would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just tested it and the FF8 bug looks like usual bug. If I remember correctly, in my case it was the mask set on vram vram transfers. I wasn't setting the flag so when using the render as texture it wouldn't blend.
Thanks a lot for the information. I wrote some test code, and as it turns out, VRAM transfers and VRAM moves are fully maskable, just as when rendering primitives. So you can prevent writes to VRAM pixels which has the mask bit is set, and you can have the mask bit set even if it was unset in the source...

21 - 40 of 59 Posts