Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone told me that next month amd is going to release a dual core phemon x2 cpu name callisto.

and they also said it would be faster or just as fast as the e8400,,anyone else heard anything about this?

i have my eye set on the callisto chip for the time being or on a 940 cpu when it drops in price.

another thing does anyone have a price list of how much the amd callisto is going to cost or the phenom 2 x4 thats clocked at 3.6ghz?

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
yes it is coming out but stupid to make dual cores

P II X3 are so cheap people wont even look at them
What?... oO Do you mean price wise cheap or quality/performance cheap :p? I'll agree that the X3s are going to flop, but if they price them right...they'll still sell.

And dual core will still remain the mainstream for another year at least. Quad cores are still a tad expensive for most people.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
So the X3 720 beats the E8400 but people won't buy it? Am I missing something here?

People will still buy dual cores for a little while yet. Quad cores are still a bit expensive for a lot of people and don't warrant the upgrade.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
It depends.

For gaming, E8400. Raw speed beats out more cores in that category still, except for a few select games.

General use, the Quad. Only because I do more then the average PC user.

And 2 cores will not overcome a nearly 700Mhz difference in speed in most scenarios.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.