Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People of EMUForum! This is my problem....

Problem occured when I upgrade the processor from AMD

Duron 900 to AMD XP 1800+...The K7S5A don't detect the

processor as 1800+, but 1150.I update the bios to version

30811(03/08/11) but the problem still there. I also change

the CMOS battery with new one but the problem not fix. In

the BIOS--CPU PnP Setup,the it shows 100/100 not

133/133. When I change it to 133/133 it show the right

frequency 1800+.Next time I restart the PC the frequency

1150 show again.Please help me!

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
you need to set your jumpers for 133. right now they are set at the default, 100. look in your mobo's manual to get the right jumper config.

·
Registered
496 Posts
(first, sorry for the late response, didn't see this thread a few days ago)
That's the exact motherboard I was using (and still have at home). You should upgrade your BIOS immediately. Then once you set your jumpers to 133/133, and be sure to save and exit, then it should stay.
- Modem

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(Sorry for my late response too...I change my e-mail address and fail to validate it)
Thank you to hushypushy & Modem1 for the response.
I try to find the jumper for 133,but i can't find it.The only jumper in my K7S5A is jumper to clear CMOS and jumper for power on keyboard. I try to refer the manual but I can't find it.(hushypushy).
I upgrade the BIOS to latest version available in ECS website.(Modem1)So...is there anything that I can do?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I used to have the same promblem, only when used to boot up in 133/133 Windows would give me a memory dump. I just waited it out and one day I got really lucky and it was able to boot. But should I update my bios because I'm not too sure on how it all works and my floppy drive doesn't work, neither does my NIC.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I always had a few problems with that motherboard, but nothing too bad. You can set your jumpers in the bios to 133/133... only problem is that I gave that computer to my parents, so I haven't used it in around a year. I'll check it out in a few days when I get home. Should be there by mid week next week, so I can check it out then if you can't find the setting. Oh, and for some reason, the 133/133 settings (at least when I had it) would randomly revert to their original settings. But only once a month or so.
- Modem

P.S. Those sites generally have a downloadable online PDF version of their manuals, so you should be able to find it if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The K7S5A FSB settings are in the bios IIRC. I used to have the board, but when i found out it had some wierd memory problems, i dumped it. (only happened when you had a thunderbird C and DDR memory together, athlon XPs and DDR were ok i guess). Ive also heard that there are some problems with the athlon XPs being messed up somehow, but IIRC that was fixed with a bios update. Other then that 1 problem i had, i never had any problems with 133 FSB.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your attention People of EMU Forum!
I've try everything, but the problem is STILL there...(I also try bios from Honey-X)
I think the problem is in the K7S5A. I think a new mobo will solve this problem. Perhaps the K7S5A Pro will answer my question...Thanks guys...!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts