Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
it's old.

And people should STOP Benchmarking an old Athlon TBird with new Pee 4. Unfair ;)

Get ATHLON 4 and benchmark it with Pee 4.

C

·
0 Posts
A Thunderbird clocked at 1.4GHz can smoke a PIV 1.7GHz in many tests. A Palomino (Athlon 4), clocked at 1.533GHz would probably make the PIV it's ***** ;)

[edit] Heh, forgot about swearing. Guess I'm a fouled-mouthed poster. :D

S

·
0 Posts
It's long been known that AMD has been able to "beat the pants off" of Intel. But many many people still refuse to believe it. The links that you all have provided should prove it, once and for all.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
425 Posts
speed isn't everything you know...........i still like my P3 it gets me around...............if it ain't broke,,,,,don't fix it.

C

·
0 Posts
That's just one of the lines people with crap stuff use to justify their purchases ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
That's just one of the lines people with crap stuff use to justify their purchases ;)
*cast light on cdburnout*

bah..........my p3 plays epsxe doesn't it?????????????? yes it does..........................nuff said.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Okay when we talk about intel,we can see that it is one of the most reliable companies.I mean when someone buys an intel processor he feels that he is done a right thing.

But I think that now the time has come to build some trust on AMD.Im myself throwing away my P-III,500mhz ang getting an T-Bird 1.2ghz,with an Asus Motherboard that I love.

Ali

C

·
0 Posts
AMD feeds off Intel's marketing, so the better Intel does, the better AMD can do.

Pentium 4? Athlon 4? The average consumer will not see a difference, and since one is cheaper than the other, AMD can win in many buying situations..

The Vagrant: A P166 can run ePSXe as well. Your point?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Zell
Well it's a matter of marketing !!! Intel wins with marketing !!
Hey that's my sig!:D

Agreed. But this is only in the newbie area. Anyone who is seriously into pcs usually will get an athlon.

As for me well I've been using AMD chips since my 486 DX4 100. So I'm kinda biased.

·
A Wandering Cow
415 Posts
actually pentiums are much stabler than amds and most programs are not programed to use p4s way of doing things plus p4 right now is at 2 GHz max thats out and the athlon is only at 1.4 some difference there but yea amd is faster but unstable

C

·
0 Posts
Erm, no.

Companies tend to use Intel stuff for servers and the like because it's tried and true, not because it's a much more stable chip. That's bull-****ing-shit ;)

AMD's chips themselves are not at all unstable, it's VIA's mainboards and the like which are the problem..

C

·
0 Posts
Not to mention Intel has their own line of chips aimed at the server market, while AMD really doesn't..

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Hey guys tell U what ......AMD Athlon 1.2 has totally screwed Intel P4 1.4ghz...........Intel due to this reason has droped prices....but that won't increase its performance.........eheh.....bybye intel..........!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts