Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come Christmas, Santa's gonna be bringing me a new processor. My question is, which should I go with? I've heard AMD is faster and cheaper, but I want to get all your opinions on this. How's compatibilty? Overheating? Etc, etc. Thanks ;)

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
then go for geforce 3 :evil:

ok amd is the best but if you leave in hot country then you should look for a nice cooler

·
Registered
362 Posts
no doubt buy amd...

have an amd Athlon Xp 1600 and it works good...if u buy an amd...don't forgot to buy a nice motherboard,may be an a7vt266(something like that) with an Via KT266A chipset

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
I think that going for a P4 will not be that bad.........but AMD is very good in case of price and performance....!

Ali

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
I think that going for a P4 will not be that bad.........but AMD is very good in case of price and performance....!
BTW why is it that the quality mobo of amd cpu is more expensive than the mobo for intel cpu

AMD CPU= cheap :cool:
mobo for amd cpu= Expensive :mad:
Intel cpu= Expensive :mad:
mobo for intel cpu= cheap :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
AMD ALL THE WAY! i am using a measly k6-2 500, and it is very stable, and running apps and games @ a good speed :) when i upgrade @ christmas, i am getting a ATHLON XP 1600

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by FireGL

BTW why is it that the quality mobo of amd cpu is more expensive than the mobo for intel cpu

mobo for amd cpu= Expensive :mad

yeah u right...I never had thought in that way!!!

well but maybe an mobo for amd is better then one for Intel... :confused: :cool:

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by FireGL

This is not correct......I got my motherbaord for 110 $. I know it is not a godd motherboard contains a VIA 133 chipset.........but it was the best at that time. Know if you got for Via K266A chipset then the mobo will cost your around 200 to 300$......I am not sure.

The newer the motherbaord and higher the price. Well the intel motherboards are quite expensive as compared to it...........not much but they are. Try to get an original Intel mobo and you will know how much it costs the p$ mobo is around 180$ over here were I live. Where as of AMD it is 110$.........but if I want to get an nForce or k266A mobno then the cost will be same as that of intel.

Ali

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by Esma
What in the world is a Mobo?
Motherboard............!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by BaD_BURN
AMD+GeForce3=SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!;)
no no...awesome.........and lots of bucks....hehe!

Ali

1 - 20 of 35 Posts