Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since none was taking interest in my previous post so I thought that I should open another one.

I was planning to buy n atholon......but the computer vendors say that there is some heating problem with it.It gies blue screens.I live in a hot country......are there really some heating problems.Im talking about Atholon K7 1.13ghz

·
Registered
680 Posts
As I said in your earlier post, give your Athlon a decent cooling system. A GlobalWin a homemade Water Cooler is a right choice.

Even if you live in Sahara desert, intel processors won't guarantee you that it will overheated WITHOUT a good cooler.

The point is : Choose The Right Cooling System

Sometimes Computer Vendors will pursue 'newbies' to computer world to buy something more expensive without telling you the advantages and disadvantages

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well actually that son of a *****.......i mean the computer vendor insists that I should buy an Intel Ighz rather then an Athlon 1.3ghz......my brain was busted..........okay Im buying athlon...thankyou for the help guys

Ali
http://go.to/aliworld

S

·
0 Posts
Just for the record, I did respond to your other post about the Athlon. I reccommended you get one, if memory serves correctly.:confused:
I, myself, have an Athlon T-Bird 1.2ghz processor and I couldn't be happier w/it. I live in the Sacramento Valley and in the summer it gets pretty hot here as well (maybe not as hot as where you are at), but I have had no overheating problems or BSODs at all. The key, as 404 said, is a decent cooling system. The hotter it is where the computer will be operated, the better the cooling system needed.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
171 Posts
all you need is a big fan and thats all it will work fine dont worry
i use an amd duron and the heat goes to 77 C in the hot days
but no blue screens .
see ya

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
eh? i got me an Athlon 1.3, i don't use any cooling save for a case fan, don't use any airconditioning too, yet i've never had any heating problems....nor have my local dealer told me any. :confused:

maybe the "heating problem" the vendor told you about is based on the assumption that you'll overclock it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
hey Miki_Kaoru did you purchase and instal your own cpu and mother board?

or did you go and purchase a pre built computer

if its pre built, it most likely has an active cooling mechanism on the cpu

if you built it your self and only have the case fan, i highly recomend you put a fan on your cpu.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
well of course it has a cpu fan/acu, else it would've melted in a few minutes. :p

i was referring to supplementary cooling systems, like the water-cooled thingy. but a big case fan in most cases would be sufficient.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I consulted the Authorized AMD dealer to ask him,he said that there were no such problems with AMDs.The guys who told me that AMDs heat up were the dealers of intel.They only had intel stuff so they didnot wanted me to buy and AMD system.

Well water cooling system might bust up the system.I will put some extra fans in my casing.May be a celing fan......eheh

Thanks for the help
Ali
http://go.to/aliworld

·
Registered
345 Posts
sorry miki just misread your post

as for the whole heat problem, my freinds dad owns a comp store and he says that AMD's do run a little hoter than pentiums but he also recomends AMD's instead of pentiums because of the major price differance

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually AMDs are not only lower in price but they are also good performers.

Ali

1 - 13 of 13 Posts