Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought the amd 5400+ 2.8ghz and i overclocked it @3.2ghz but the temp hits around 80°c+ at full epsx load
i use an XIGMATEK EP-CD901 Apache Cooler 92

will the hight temp damage my cpu?
i need to use this cpu for 2 or 3years will it hold that long?
(i use it 24/24h)

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
something is strange i got amd 5000+ with stock cooler and if i overcloak 3000+ i get a max temp of 48°c degree's in heavy loads oO with a room temperture of 24°c+

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats gonna happen if i dont cool it down?
(at idl 40° full load 80° @3.2ghz)
i used the ZALMAN Super Thermal Grease (ZM-STG1) maybe thats the problem

someone told me that ARCTIC SILVER 5 thermal grease is better ,is it true?

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Well looked arround the net the cooler seems efecient and i dont know if the thermal grease is the problem since i use the cooler + the grease or whatever was on it , that came with the processor the only thing i can think of is to look in the bios to see if there is an option for the cooler like the Cool & Quiet or other cooler related option one where its put to silence and change it to best performance or something sry i couldnt be more specific but the option name difers on the motherboard

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
i just bought the amd 5400+ 2.8ghz and i overclocked it @3.2ghz but the temp hits around 80°c+ at full epsx load
i use an XIGMATEK EP-CD901 Apache Cooler 92

will the hight temp damage my cpu?
i need to use this cpu for 2 or 3years will it hold that long?
(i use it 24/24h)
theoratically anything less than 95 degree would be fine .

it basically looks like the problem of expiring of thermal grease<the sticky liquid between the processor and heat sink>.just replace that and you would be fine.
also make sure you clean ur airways regularly and fan is working at full speed and it is not connected in reverse direction< :p....i have seen some people do that :p>

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Most thermal compounds are sufficient actually, even the cheap stuff that comes with aftermarket heatsink and fans. I'd really check to see and make sure your heatsink is actually mounted correctly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most thermal compounds are sufficient actually, even the cheap stuff that comes with aftermarket heatsink and fans. I'd really check to see and make sure your heatsink is actually mounted correctly.
it's mounted correctly cauz it can't be mounted reversly
i used a new thermal grease and the temp didnt exceed 76° @full load for 2hours
(i used hot cpu tester 7Byte Computers, Official site of Hot CPU Tester Pro)

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I cant understand why in summer when there where over 30°C in my Room and with my CPU made to 3000 the max temp was 49°-50°C but that was only in the hotest summer, also you overcloacked with +400 Mhz as i did the difrences in temps seem large oO . Did you looked arround in bios like for the some cooling options ?

PS: right now my processor is at 34°C

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
whats gonna happen if i dont cool it down?
(at idl 40° full load 80° @3.2ghz)
Reduction in CPU's life-span. Some people would say those temps are fine, but when I did overclocking homework before OCing my chip, most places said that anything under 60C is good, 65C is pushing it, and above 70C is murderous! Some conservative people even say that it shouldn't cross 55C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts