Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if what is chemically happening inside me is normal. It appears that gradually over this year or two, I have been very depressed. I have a lack of confidence and small criticisms can easily send me to the brink of nervous breakdown.

More over, my eyes seem so tired making it is hard to stay alert. I am getting white hair and having signs of baldness. I have a very small bald spot. I am only 23!! Is it normal? Very often depressed for almost no reason at all. There seems to be a lack of energy in. Sleepy, tired, slowing down in reaction, tired eyes.

I feel close-minded when judging people sometimes and sometimes avoiding social situations. I don't feel as young and energetic as I am suppose to be. Once again I am only in my early 20s, but I feel much older for some reason. Less energetic. Always worried about my future and very depressed and unconfident.

Put me into a group of people around my age and you will find out that I would look like someone who hasn't been fed in days. Don't get me wrong though, I do eat and drink regularly.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Sounds like depression to me.. I have the same symptoms. I got put on 75mg Zoloft which I take every morning, and boy it's a godsend. I feel so good when I take it.. normal. Not in a drugged up kinda feel good either.

Check it out. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I would say this sounds like some sort of chemical embalance. You should see your doctor to reccomend you some sort of treatment ;)

It's good that you are realizing this and want to get help.

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
you know mecha, whatever you are thinking adn your attitude also affect your physical health... like if you think your sick, you'll be really sick... but the best way is to consult a doctor about what you are feeling... and the presence of close friends to cheer you up ;)

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Sounds like depression. As I've said before, you should seek help with a psychiatrist.

BTW, there're a lot of antidepressants out there. You'll probably have to try a little (with help from your doctor, of course), before you find one that's right for you.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Boltzmann said:
Sounds like depression. As I've said before, you should seek help with a psychiatrist.

BTW, there're a lot of antidepressants out there. You'll probably have to try a little (with help from your doctor, of course), before you find one that's right for you.
The thing is the side effects of those meds are terrible....

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
proger said:
The thing is the side effects of those meds are terrible....
Indeed. Sometimes there's a lot of suffering before you find one that suits you fine. I've read stories about people taking up to a year testing different antidepressants.

Fortunately, there's hope in the horizon. Drugs taylored to your body are a distinct possibility in a few years, thanks to several emerging technologies. This would mean not only more effective medication, but no more troubles like those I've described.

·
Registered
333 Posts
mecharmor25 said:
I am not sure if what is chemically happening inside me is normal. It appears that gradually over this year or two, I have been very depressed. I have a lack of confidence and small criticisms can easily send me to the brink of nervous breakdown.
its same as me iam never confidence :(, also sometmes i feel like a can't smile ,but that not mean iam angry as ppl thinks sometimes...,

about this that you are not energyful thing, get you a really good bed and don't sleep near the pc while its on and sleep litte bit earlier , I belive it will help

PS:iam not doctor or something, but i recommend tell it to a doctor.., and you are maby sick ...i recommend to visit a doctor... :)

Yours,

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I know what you're saying,ive had this for about 4 years now I think...I've gotten grey spots in my hair and they are increasing (and im 16!!!!)I'm very anti-social and tend to blush quick or get rude or something with ppl I dont know...also get a lot of comment that im "apathic" or too quiet and such...and I break kinda easy altough I try to mask it to make it seem the otherway around...Ive also got a lot of comment of very good friends that I need to get more optimistic cuz else it is gonna get me killed (3rd time might succeed...) But now I dont feel THAT depressed anymore,well I do at times,but I try to imagine better things,try to keep it a bit more optimistic,thats the least I can do for the ppl who do care about me :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts