Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok got a new pc (to work)
Here the specs:

Intel i7 920 (2.6ghz) (it's a very high processor...)
4 gb ddr3 ram
Nvidia geforce gt120 (i know i know it's like 9500gt...)

What do u think?

I get 45 fps in SSBB in 2 players oO, 30 fps in 4 !!

Pls answ

·
Registered
290 Posts
what is your cpu usage? Did you overclock? What settings are you using? What frames are you getting during the fight? We need to know this before we can help. It is a crappy graphic card though, but i'm not sure if it's bottlenecking it. It might be the cpu if 2 cores are at near 100%. Overclocking should help. According to omegadox, the bottleneck in most cases is the gpu emulation, which is what the second core does in dc mode. So the wii cpu is at 729/729mhz, but it has to wait for the second core to finish sending vertices, textures and other wii/gamecube graphic stuff to graphic card. That's what i think.

·
Registered
233 Posts
your I7 is a good processor , but dolphin will only use 2 processors(cores). One for sound and one for graphics. I would gun for a dual core at 4 ghz+ for extra player play. But that I7 will be good for recording your video while play. The reason your i7 is kinda slow , remember every core on your I7 is 2.6ghz which in a very similar equivalant is similar to a E5300 but maybe be a little faster while only using 2 cores. Your I7 is only capable of a total GHZ of 5.2 ghz unless you overclock it(while using 2 cores only). A E5300 is a 2.6 ghz as well and with overclocking it is faster than your I7 in dolphin(capable of going to 3.6ghz safely). Your graphics card is fine, dolphin is not a GPU hungry emulator. A 8400 gs can render the graphics very well with multiplayer gameplay. The CPU is the most important thing in DOLPHIN. I would say if you want to use a higher res. and AA features use a top notch card beyond a geforce gtx 250(which is a renamed 9800gtx+) (when will NVIDIA stop doing the same thing over and over again with the graphics card names ....CoNfUsInG?!?!?. But yeah i would have just gotten a Q9650 3.0ghz stock and OC , or a C2D E8600 at 3.3ghz stock and OC.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Why on earth would you get that gpu with that processor? Makes no sense. What could you possibly need it for? Rather spend half that money for a q9450 and get a 260 or something. Your system is incredibly unbalanced.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:dead:Thx for answers... i bought this pc due to it was an occasion.... then they told me it would have been simple to upgrade gpu in a second time ...

However what it's strange is that i get the same low fps even with graphics at max (anti aliasing 8x ecc)

Come on pls help (can u get my mood in this moment? :dead:)

·
Registered
290 Posts
your I7 is a good processor , but dolphin will only use 2 processors(cores). One for sound and one for graphics. I would gun for a dual core at 4 ghz+ for extra player play. But that I7 will be good for recording your video while play. The reason your i7 is kinda slow , remember every core on your I7 is 2.6ghz which in a very similar equivalant is similar to a E5300 but maybe be a little faster while only using 2 cores. Your I7 is only capable of a total GHZ of 5.2 ghz unless you overclock it(while using 2 cores only). A E5300 is a 2.6 ghz as well and with overclocking it is faster than your I7 in dolphin(capable of going to 3.6ghz safely). Your graphics card is fine, dolphin is not a GPU hungry emulator. A 8400 gs can render the graphics very well with multiplayer gameplay. The CPU is the most important thing in DOLPHIN. I would say if you want to use a higher res. and AA features use a top notch card beyond a geforce gtx 250(which is a renamed 9800gtx+) (when will NVIDIA stop doing the same thing over and over again with the graphics card names ....CoNfUsInG?!?!?. But yeah i would have just gotten a Q9650 3.0ghz stock and OC , or a C2D E8600 at 3.3ghz stock and OC.
Failiure post. You can't just add up clock speed ratings and say it's an x ghz cpu. Also, you can't compare cpus from different uarchs. That's comparing a nehalem to conroe, and that's like ferrari to infinity g35.

·
Registered
233 Posts
how am i adding up clock speeds , thats actual facts and i do have experience in OCing PC's. I dont know how a I7 works but all of them are rated on overall performace meaning total ghz with all core active. If you have a i7 at 2.6 ghz , that's 7 processors at the stock total speed of all of them is 18.2 ghz , with ocing its higher. Do you not use 3dmark 06. All computers are rated via total clock speed. WTF are you talking bout.

Anf your post is a failure post because you dont even know technical S$%t about your own CPU stupid. Learn your computer then talk to me.

GO TO YOUGAMERS AND TEST A GAME AND SEE WHAT YOUR PC TOTAL GHZ SPEED IS , OR SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS LAB, CAN U RUN IT
2 verify my statement.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
First of all an i7 Processor is a regular quad-core with hyperthreading technology. This means it has 4 real cores and another 4 simulated cores....proving you know nothing about processors as you said it had 7 processors.

System Requirements Lab give out completely bogus info...like you can't run a game (Red Alert 3) cuz you don't have Vista...and their CPU info is also always wrong...no about what sorta PC they have uses that bogus site.

·
Registered
233 Posts
so....and your point is.........I7 is still complete waste of money.
And i still make money from building/selling PC's so your point is.............I THOUGHT so

i never had a I7 so i never really dove into that particular CPU, and use yougamers theres is more accurate

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
And that has exactly nothing do with this thread.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Missinformation you're spreading about how i7 works does need to be cleared up because someone might somehow accidentally think you're right and thus I am entirely on topic by pointing out that you are wrong.

Now go hit some technical books before people find PCI Express x16 graphics cards cut to fit into a PCI slot in the systems you build for them and let the people that actually know things about computers and Dolphin help the poor TC out.

·
Registered
233 Posts
aw right you MF AH you pissing me off now you SUAB
with yo S AFRICAN @$$ talkin mad $%^ son. U are a B$%^H

NOW REPEAT THAT you [email protected]###T A22 MOFO......you MF look at my dolphin videos
you A22wipe ....WTF are u talkin bout my MADWORLD video got 1300 views playa
anfd to say i dont help out dolphin is crazy son......i report errors as well as any other person fo yall can play games....peep game on status playa b4 you open ya mouth playa

FO YOU GAME OVER B%^%H you lose ...............stupid A33

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
aw right you MF AH you pissing me off now you SUAB
with yo S AFRICAN @$$ talkin mad $%^ son. U are a B$%^H

NOW REPEAT THAT you [email protected]###T A22 MOFO......you MF look at my dolphin videos
you A22wipe ....WTF are u talkin bout my MADWORLD video got 1300 views playa
anfd to say i dont help out dolphin is crazy son......i report errors as well as any other person fo yall can play games....peep game on status playa b4 you open ya mouth playa

FO YOU GAME OVER B%^%H you lose ...............stupid A33
Well then, you proved nothing by the post, other than the fact that you're a complete idiot and you fail at leetspeak.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.