1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Windows-System error
There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network"

I suddenly got this error message:

Does that mean some one Trying to steal my Cookies or Passwords by having the same ip?

or it means that some one is trying to get into my computer by using my ip or some thing or both? or what is happening?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It means EXACTLY what it says it means. There's two or more devices on your network fighting over the same IP address. This could be a DHCP config issue on your router, or you have 2 machines with the same static IP.
Well I have 2 Computers Connecting to the same Router (Me and my brother)
and I am getting stalked by a hacker (I know him) :innocent:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Hmmm...so this is why instead of just sticking all 3 systems into the router we have one system in the router and then the other two connected to a hub that's connected to the router.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Hmmm...so this is why instead of just sticking all 3 systems into the router we have one system in the router and then the other two connected to a hub that's connected to the router.
Hub or switch? I'm guessing switch. And it doesn't matter if you go through a switch to the router or connect directly to it.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
What changes if it's a hub rather than switch?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Hmm so that means my usage would be 3 times as much with a hub? Cuz that would actually almost make sense...but the data itself does not double up and suddenly appear on the other system...

Also it's 4 years old...would that change the likelyhood of it being a switch or hub?

Hmm, I guess it's a switch but I coulda sworn the tech guy called it a hub.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.