Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of building an installer for ePSXe, I accidentally deleted 95% of my memcard files...

...Including about 20 hours worth of FF7, an hour's worth of FF8 and MGS, a half-hour's worth of at least a dozen other games, and config settings for the rest, and all the corresponding icon/bmp files for shortcuts...

...and I had no backups! :hdbash:

Learn from my stupid mistake; don't let this happen to you. Make a copy of your memcard files in a completely different folder somewhere, every time you play.

Dan

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,398 Posts
lol, I almost had simmilar problem but on my PS2, I accidently have used DMS memcard formatting tool, but after 5 minutes of *****s and such I reminded to myself that I have made backup of both memcard to HDD, and once more day has been saved by launchelf ;)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Good idea moomoomoo, thanks, I'll try that!

Dan

Update: I got all the files back but one, and that wasn't one with a big save on it. Had to pay money for an undelete tool, but (a) I wasn't about to risk losing the files to browser cache updates, and (b) It's a good tool and I can use it the next time I shoot myself in the foot.

Still, since undelete tools are not 100%, my initial advice still applies: make those backups! Win2K and WinXP both come with a built-in one that's not horrible, so learn it and use it. One day you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
therock003: G-Police. No biggie (the PC version is better anyway). And FF7 is fine, thank goodness.

hushypushy: Indeed it is, for memcard saves. But like all backup tools, one has to use it or it is worthless.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.