Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently downloaded dolphin and have attempted to run several different games on it, all of which exhibit the same behavior. The first attempt to run the game throws the "unable to grab 1GB contiguous memory" and then crashed the client. Upon restarting the client I attempt to run the game again. This attempt loads another screen that is blank except for a title bar that says SVN loading "directory of game". As of yet I have not been able to get any wii games or wads to run. My system is as follows:

Abit AB9 motherboard
intel core2duo e6400
2 GB pc3200
512 MB ATI Radeon 3870
Sound Blaster X-Fi value
multiple HDDs varying in size.
Windows XP Pro 32bit edition
march 2009 DirectX release
Newest AMD drivers for video card.

I have already tried increasing the size of my virtual memory, but to no avail. I have also turned off advanced text services for the executable.
I am using Mcafee antivirus and spybot S&D
If anyone can toss some suggestion my way(short of buying a new system) all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Vorgrien

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Mcafee antivirus is the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I disabled mcafee and spybot as well as closing some other TSR's and have found that initial run of a program will still throw the 1GB error, but upon restarting the client, I can get some WADs to work. I still cant get ISOs to work though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.