Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought that this game would come out for one of the next-gen consoles.

I don't know why no one posted this before, but Xenosaga 3 - Also Sprach Zarathustra will be released in Japan at the end of 2006. And since Episode 2 is coming to Europe in two weeks, chances are that the third one will, too :)

Check Gamespot for some nice trailer.

·
band
4,912 Posts
o_O i dont want to sound rude but i thot it was known a long time ago that it would be coming for ps2 >___<

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy Ep.2 and you'll get a "bonus DVD containing the main plot of the previous part"... :mad:

BTW: D.D., sorry, as far as I used to know Xenosaga 2 was planned the last part to be released for PS2. People kept telling me that the third one should come out on PS3... Which would have explained the rather strange game completion memory card save Xenosaga 2 created.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
F-3582 said:
Buy Ep.2 and you'll get a "bonus DVD containing the main plot of the previous part"... :mad:
There's no reason to get mad, I don't get your reaction... I want to play Xenosaga Ep.1, not to see the plot which I do already know. Because Ep.1 has been released on DVD9 in USA&JAP the only way for me to play it is to mod my PS2 which I don't want to do. Or buy an USA PS2, but I am not so rich to afford buying a console at the whim of playing one game.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you misinterpreted my :mad: , sorry for forgetting the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags ;) . I didn't get mad at you, I got mad at SCEE for thinking that European gamers won't need to play a prequel of a game with that amount of story *grumble*. Watching a lame DVD explaining the most vital parts should be enough...

Well, Xenosaga 1 was exactly the reason why I modded my PS2 and trust me, it was well damn worth it!

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
I get it now ;) Yeah, SCEE deserve a big kick in their ... (insert your favourite body part here :>) for Xenosaga Ep.1.

There's one thing in XS Ep.2 which I don't like and because of which I haven't finished it yet. Battles! Horrible long (5-10 mins with common enemies!) and the Zone System which I don't like at all. SE should've left XS 1's battles or even better, XG ones :) Hopefully the battle system in Ep.3 is to be better :)

There also is some nice trailer at Gametrailers if anyone wants to check.

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
It's been known for a while that XS Ep 3 is coming for PS3, but, given the low quality of Ep 2, who cares now ? The XS series has been living on the hype of Xenogears for 2 episodes now, luckily, Ep3 is the last part with Shion and friends, with a bit of luck, Ep 4 will give us something to enjoy...

Hyuga said:
SE should've left XS 1's battles or even better, XG ones :)
SE ? Square-Enix ? Namco is producing Xenosaga, Monolith is developping it, Square-Enix doesn't have anything to do with it ;)

·
band
4,912 Posts
It's been known for a while that XS Ep 3 is coming for PS3
oops. >__<. i take back wat i said.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Raziel said:
SE ? Square-Enix ? Namco is producing Xenosaga, Monolith is developping it, Square-Enix doesn't have anything to do with it ;)
Umm... at least Monolith Soft was once a dev team under Square. Until they left (I think for monetary reasons).

And there's rumor that Square were the ones who convinced Namco not to release XS in Europe...rumors...

On the other hand I don't know of any Namco RPG ever being released in Europe (Tales of Symphonia doesn't count, it was for Gamecube :p )...

P.S.: D.D., who is your avatar? A Tales Series character by any chance?

·
Jyushi Bismark
2,561 Posts
Change.Battle.System.Please.

I can't bother enough to finish EP2, maybe with the release of Ep3 and the option to get some exp of the previous game tho.

Oh and having the option back to buy something in a RPG would be nice too.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I thought Xenogears was the first game and it was released on the Playstation?
Or am I thinking of another series?
I need to restart that game...it rocked...

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Xenogears is the fifth part of the series, although there are rumors that Xenosaga Ep. 5 is going to have a different plot... dunno.
Tori-Yama said:
Change.Battle.System.Please.
oO What's your problem with that battle system??? I liked it, especially the Air/Down status. With the right party you could kill even bosses without granting them the slightest chance to attack you.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I thought Xenogears was the 6th part? And Xenosaga would run right up to that opening moment in Xenogears (with the ship crashing) and slightly into that games story but not on the side of Fei and his companions, but not too deep into it.

I'd love to see Xenogears remade, a 2nd chance to make the 2nd disc section better -but also a chance to screw up how the game was in the first place. I wish they'd go with a combat system similar to xenogears instead of what they got now. XSII required little to no skill and provided hardly any challenge :(. XS I was kinda nice for its little depth that it did provide but I still wanted more. Not that XG offered a lot either, but it was fun because of the way it was paced and how you sort of had direct control over which attacks you'd do (hand foot or head, light normal and powerful, I loved that - and the GEARS were much more useful made of use).

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lobo said:
I thought Xenogears was the 6th part?
Nope. XG was the fifth episode (watch the end credits).

BTW: I don't understand why you are all bashing the battle system... I mean, Final Fantasy X had a pretty similar one except for the combos, break zones etc. The only thing you needed in FFX was a lot of patience while building your character stats.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
F-3582: The battle system isn't the worst one on Earth, however it has some features that annoy me. But the main issue is that common enemies have a high amount of HP which makes the battles lasting really long and frustrating sometimes. FFX's battles may be similar, yet they are quite different from the ones in XS2. I don't like the idea with zones, combos are cool but I prefer XG's system which never gave me any reason to get tired with battles, unlike XS2. Some like the battle system of XS2, but from what I've seen so far most people complain...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
F-3582 said:
BTW: I don't understand why you are all bashing the battle system... I mean, Final Fantasy X had a pretty similar one except for the combos, break zones etc. The only thing you needed in FFX was a lot of patience while building your character stats.
Who ever said FFX had a good battle system anyway? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.