Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I've encountered strange problem: i can't find linuzappz ALSA sound plugin anywere.
Search by word "ALSA" in this forum returned no results. I've Googled by words linuzappz alsa, found pcsx page, link in it to http://linuzappz.pcsx.net/ returned 404 not found.
Please, give a link to precompiled ALSA sound plugin for ePSXe.
Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hm, strange thing. linuzappz creates ALSA port for Pete's SPU plugin. There are some discussions about it and then its gone.
-"-
I've downloaded P.E.Op.S. project from sourceforge. OSS version compiles without problems, but i have no idea how to compile ALSA plugin from this sources. Package contains alsa.c and alsa.h files. I've seen makefile and still have no idea what parameters shall i use to compile ALSA plugin.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes.
I'm using sound plugin exactly in this way. But i want to get rid of this layer of emulation. Practically everything in my Debian Lenny uses ALSA, only for ePSXe ALSA must emulate OSS.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
I think it's more of a "translation" rather than "emulation", even then... I know of no plugin for ALSA specific.

If it's working already, then that's it. After all, the sound in Linux is far from "unified".

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
um.. eh Alsa via OSS is better then native ALSa anyway, you can ask any linux dev.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How compile P.E.Op.S Sound SPU 1.9 with ALSA support

Hm, strange thing. linuzappz creates ALSA port for Pete's SPU plugin. There are some discussions about it and then its gone.
-"-
I've downloaded P.E.Op.S. project from sourceforge. OSS version compiles without problems, but i have no idea how to compile ALSA plugin from this sources. Package contains alsa.c and alsa.h files. I've seen makefile and still have no idea what parameters shall i use to compile ALSA plugin.
Download the last source code release (P.E.Op.S Sound SPU 1.9 at date) from sourceForge (Browse P.E.Op.S. Files on SourceForge.net). Extract it and open the MakeFile in your text editor. In this line change FALSE to TRUE:

# Set to TRUE to build the ALSA support
USEALSA = FALSE

Then type 'make' in console (from the src folder). A new file named libspuPeopsALSA.so.1.0.9 appear in the src folder. Copy the new file in your plugins folder (ePSXe).

I play on ePSXe with it plugin (libspuPeopsALSA.so.1.0.9) and it works perfectly....:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts