Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the heck do you take screenshots?...lol

I know this seems stupid but I've never had the need to and now I do, I think I've seen that you take them with F2 in ePSXe, but how do you just take them off of your desktop? I'm sure the answer is right in front of me and I'm going to feel like an idiot when I get the answer but any help would be much obliged.

Thanx Much,
:dead: BrandonLeeJr :dead:

·
Registered
324 Posts
The difference between PrintScreen and Hypersnap is that PrintScreen always captures the whole screen, while with Hypersnap you can capture a region, or any specific window (especially the latter is VERY handy imho). Also, Hypersnap allows you to take screenshots of a game you're running with Glide, whereas printscreen just gives you a black screen. I suggest you try out the free, basic version at http://www.psxemu.com/tools-screen.shtml (just updated ;) or try Aldo's Screen Capture, which is freeware and can also be found on that page.

S

·
0 Posts
Um, to take a screen shot while playing a game in ePSXe, simply press F8. Not F2, but F8. This gives you a "picture perfect" screen shot all ready to upload or whatever. F8 works in game w/Pete's Plugins, but I'm not sure if it works w/Lewpy's as well. This is because I have a GEForce card and I don't use Lewpy's plugin.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hey Thorgal,
if you want to capture just the active window then press Alt+Printscreen. It works for me and I don't have Hypersnap.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
F8 works with lewpys glide pluggin as well to take screenshots in epsxe.. How would I have made all those cool shots with lewpys glide pluggin without it? Doing printscreen and paste, then save as jpeg for each shot would've taken forever!! I just press f8, f8, f8, and presto all the shots I want and just save,save,save as jpegs.. With adobe photoshop 6.0..

·
Registered
143 Posts
well, now a cheap and perfect solution

:yawn: well, there is a key above delete key, called print screen. open paint (my favorite), or photo editor, or corel draw (Istill cannot get this one!) now, open VGS (this one doesn´t screw up if you switch window) and wait for the image you´re waiting for. then quicly hit print screen, alt + tab and in paint press Ctrl + V to paste it, now you can edit it without any problem.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
time killer,
actually, Rargh already talked about printscreen in the 2nd reply. and it's above the insert key, which in turn is above the delete key, unless you got a non standard keyboard ;)

yes, alt-prtscrn does capture the active window only, and it's useful.
but, i think hypersnap (or something else i forgot) goes even further by snapping only certain region. for example just the OK button. it can also read texts out of controls, like titlebars and text descriptions in dialog boxes.

fivefeet8 is also right. with printscreen, you can only store one picture in the clipboard at a time. using an internal screenshot function such as F8 in epsxe, you can have many shots instantly saved as files, without pausing and go saving the clipboard every time. btw, the F8 functiion puts the files in the snaps sub folder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts