Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has a comprehensive list of all known PS2 bios. Not asking for a download link(s) or anything, just a list of all playstation 2 bios. Currently I'm using v02.00, would this be the optimal bios to use with a ps2 emulator? Thanks in advance.

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
I've already known about the first generation Japanese Bios's, is there any known reason as to why they won't work.

I've been here for a while and in the emulation scene, but I never found out the reason as to why the original Japanese Bios's won't work with PCSX2..

It's not that it matters, I own an American NTSC console anyways.. :)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
The BIOSes on the net are mostly named after the model number of the PS2 they were taken from.

But that's for warez stuffs (very gray area) so I'll stop right there.

And AFAIK, any BIOS ripped from any PS2 should work fine. I have two first-gen PS2s, and one of them imported from Japan, and I can say the BIOSes taken from them behave exactly the same (or should they even behave?), aside from the version numbers in the BIOS screen, oh and the Console model number, too.

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
How hard is it to backup the BIOS from a real PS2?

I want to eventually do that.

I have the Slim Silver/Platinum.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Is it modded? If yes, then it's a pretty straight-forward process. You just gotta insert a disc, run a program, put in a USB stick, wait for a bit, and then voila, the thing is going to be in your USB.

If it is not modded, then... I think it's impossible? The slim models don't seem to have that memory card exploit as far as I know.

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Is it modded? If yes, then it's a pretty straight-forward process. You just gotta insert a disc, run a program, put in a USB stick, wait for a bit, and then voila, the thing is going to be in your USB.

If it is not modded, then... I think it's impossible? The slim models don't seem to have that memory card exploit as far as I know.
If I use the McBoot, what program do I need in the USB stick to make it work?

:???:

Thanks for the advice, both of you. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts