Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if someone could advise me on the best Video Plugin, and settings to use for a ATI's all-in-wonder Radeon 32MB pci. I just upgraded from a voodoo 3 and have 0-Zero exp with ATI radeon tweaks or drivers.

I had all these games running perfect under Lewpy's 3dfx Plugin.

~~~~~~~~~~ The games I am playing are
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics'
Gran Turismo 2
NHL Faceoff 2000'
~~~~~~~~~~ They are all .Bin format made with ISObuster fron ~~~~~~~~~~ the original NTSC CD-Roms.

so if I could get a word from the wise on which plugin and setting's it'd be greatly appreciated

MoBo: TriGem Computer, Inc.
BIOS: Version 1.04
Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~565MHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 0MB used, 1024MB available
Operating System: Microsoft Windows ME (4.90, Build 3000)
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.0 (4.08.00.0400)
-Video-
Card name: All-in-Wonder RADEON
Display Memory: 32MB
Driver Name: ATI2DRAG.DRV
Driver Version: 4.13.01.7092 (English)
-Sound-
Card Name: Sound Blaster Live Platinum 5.1
Description: DirectSound (SB Live! Wave Out [3400])
Driver Name: EMU10K1.VXD
Driver Version: 4.12.01.0906 (English)

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I think you should try Pete's OpenGL. I don't have a Radeon, so I can't tell you whether it is the best or not, but at least it is the best on most systems. Try Pete's D3D also and choose the best one for you.

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
I own a Radeon 64ddr not the all in wonder but I'd recommend you use petes d3d and go for increased resolution instead of using FSAA as I've allways found the Radeons FSAA inferior to just upping the resolution.
As for the driver set to use I have had better results using either the newer unsuported driver sets or the Omega drivers available from http://www.omegacorner.com/ and www.rage3d.com
Also consider getting a radeon tweaker from rage3d.
I use Raid on tweaker.It lets you up overclock the card and mess about with the various OGL and D3D settings.
JAZ

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'm using an ATI rage mobility in this here Sony VIAO laptop.
pete's DX7 D3D gpu works fantastic with the correct tweakage, I can't use Gfx framebuffer...but then again neither could my old TNT1...but who care's? Just being able to play FF9 with Hardware accelleration on a laptop is frigg'n tight!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts