Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just wanted to say I believe that all of the emulators should be in java programming language it looks and feels easier then C, C+, and etc I believe java is easier then other programming languages that is my best opinion by the way I am not a programmer I just like to mess around with the source code of other emulators in existence right now believe what you want to believe but playing with java emulators now is so cool and I believe if I ever learned java I would make one too even though I am not perfect in learning the language!

let me know what you believe do you think java is better or worse then other languages?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Yeah! PCSX2 and Dolphin in Java!

Wait. That's a really bad idea.

Java is pretty easy to learn and it's a very portable language, but it's not very optimized. Optimization is key, especially with more complicated systems to emulate.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
If all emulators were in java we would probably still be struggling with SNES emulation and PS1 emulation would be in it's infancy

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi I just wanted to say I believe that all of the emulators should be in java programming language it looks and feels easier then C, C+, and etc I believe java is easier then other programming languages that is my best opinion by the way I am not a programmer I just like to mess around with the source code of other emulators in existence right now believe what you want to believe but playing with java emulators now is so cool and I believe if I ever learned java I would make one too even though I am not perfect in learning the language!

let me know what you believe do you think java is better or worse then other languages?
You do that, then tell us how easy it is.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great. Go make a PS3 emulator in Java, then come back and tell us how cool it is to need a "[email protected]" distributed computing project to emulate a single console using thousands of computers at the same time.

BTW, if you like unoptimized computer languages, why don't you rewrite MAME in INTERCAL? You'll so LOOOOOOOOVE how slow it will run, you'll jizz all over the place.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
System Requirements for PCSX2 Java version:

CPU: Intel 6GHz overclocked dual-core or AMD equivalent
RAM: 4GB or above
GPU: Nvidia GTX260, ATI HD4870 or above

Cool idea bro! :rolleyes:

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
moving to the web dev./programming section.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Generally in programming harder means faster...so easier...as in Java...would mean slower...much much slower...soo bad bad bad idea...

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Java is great but i doubt you can get much... eventhough i praise effords of coders that choose such languages and so to say make magic. sadly Java isn´t that optimized as far as i know and therefore i would probably choose another language instead... if you´re looking for a similar language and avoiding C/C++ and easy to learn as well i would say C# am confident now that this language has some advantages and also disadvantages but at the end i think we/you could do great things with it and in many areas is as good as C++ as its based on it.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Java is a bloated, resource sucking whore & this probably the worse idea I've heard this quarter...
No. It isn't.

No. It isn't.

But yes. It is.

·
Registered
907 Posts
no i disagree (topic)

Emus should be in languages the author likes!
I like to see some emus in the following languages:
D
some LISP maybe Clojure
Scala
and maybe something Prolog related.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Java is a bytecode language that is to be interpreted by a virtual machine running on a specific platform.

Which is to say... Java itself is running in an emulator of sort, and thus you have some large overhead there.

So if you are wondering why Java is slow on some machines, it's because it's an emulated/simulated/virtual machine platform.

In my opinions, it's not... any easier than C or C++ or C#. They are all equivalent and similar in some ways. Granted the method of execution might differ, but legibility should be the same.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
In short: The most hardest language code, the better language to make the emus with more compatibility and more speed. :D

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
No. It isn't.

No. It isn't.

But yes. It is.
Java is usually bloated, poorly coded, and resource hungry because developers don't know wtf they are doing.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yes, but it's very good for create simple programs. :D

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
besides, like has already been said.

Java is a VM, you are inevitably emulating an emulator.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.