1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Great for consumer confidence. I'd switch to AMD simply because they're more consistent now. Of course if I were to purchase a processor now I'd still look up what Intel's exact future plans are, but this confusion really doesn't help in their advantage. It gives the idea they're not making that socket the real thing. They still have their plans, like Squall pointed me out the other day, but still, these messages don't do well.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
not really. AM3 is the real future, AM2 was just holding back the full potential of the cpu's.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
they are cancelling the <975's because they sell to bloody well.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
so what would be the logical business reason intel would cancelling all these processors?

what might be the logical reasoning for why they have this indecisiveness in deciding whether or not to keep or kill the processor?

Intels way of saying they screwed up :) Hasn't even been out officially for a year yet and they're announcing cancellations?... :evil:
what's such a screwup about it? poor yield? they have a smaller die size then the core2quads and sell for more, so they should be profitable.

so does this mean the eventual (soon) demise of the lga1366?

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
LGA 1366 may have more life in serverboards which can make use of the hyperthreading. Case in point: There are twice as many server cpus then the 4 that utilize the i7 socket.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Just as i believed, Intel sucks. Their superiority has an price, which is the lack of good support, something where AMD stands out above all others.

Intel: Good but inconsistent with support and pricy.
AMD: Not as good, but consistent and reasonably priced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.