Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup! :D. I got a measly AMD Duron 1300, GeForce FX 5200 128T,384DDRAM PC2100, Win2K/ Xandros 3.0.1 (modified).
What I got to report is that almost ANY game that comes on a DVD won't boot up properly if I use the DVD drive. It will only work with Linuzapps + ISO. I don't quite afford DVD images, cause they need NTFS (which is harder to keep up running than FAT32, damned indexing service), so could someone please check the issue?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Srry for double-post! BTW wanted to add that IN NO WAY, WITH ANY HARDWARE CAN YOU GET BETTER THAN 20 FPS IN SOFTWARE MODE WITH OVER 10.000 POLYS ON SCREEEN (this is for the users wo say PCSX2 is crappy. It is not. most films are taken in S/W and not H/W). IN HW you can get up to 30-35 FPS. I get 6 in S/W and 10 in H/W.
@dpence:-When I defragment the HDD on NTFS it takes a whoopin 35 Hours to defrag (40GB hdd)m on FAT32, it takes 12-20 Hours

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
I've noticed that FAT32 is faster than NTFS on some things as well. However it doesn't work well with 2000 or XP:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
eyepopper776 said:
Srry for double-post! BTW wanted to add that IN NO WAY, WITH ANY HARDWARE CAN YOU GET BETTER THAN 20 FPS IN SOFTWARE MODE WITH OVER 10.000 POLYS ON SCREEEN (this is for the users wo say PCSX2 is crappy. It is not. most films are taken in S/W and not H/W). IN HW you can get up to 30-35 FPS. I get 6 in S/W and 10 in H/W.
@dpence:-When I defragment the HDD on NTFS it takes a whoopin 35 Hours to defrag (40GB hdd)m on FAT32, it takes 12-20 Hours
Depends on what you use to defrag, the built in windows defrag (Any os) is pretty crappy and definately slow...
3rd party defrag programs are all MUCH faster and do a better job...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. enough crap. This is not a tech forum, and I do know how to fix my PC. the issue here is the damn direct DVD-reading plugin that dows not work.
@dpence:Ok, I 'll agree wiyh uou on that, happy now?

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
eyepopper776 said:
Ok. enough crap. This is not a tech forum, and I do know how to fix my PC. the issue here is the damn direct DVD-reading plugin that dows not work.
@dpence:Ok, I 'll agree wiyh uou on that, happy now?
OK, enough attitude. If you're using PeOPs CDVD make sure it's configured for your windows version and drive letter.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sorry about having to take the atitude, but seems that any other way you get ignored. BTW it's configured as IOCTL (for win2k).Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uhhh... i meant on other forums :D sorry for reviving this topic :emb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.