Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PCSX2 is far from dead!
Plenty of WIP and development going on every day, perhaps even enough to make a valid news post on the main site soon ;)

The PCSX2 team (devs and testers) update you lot with info on a regular basis, and I dare say more than many other emulator projects, so please shh! :p

See fine, now stop ya moaning all of you!! :hdbash: :

Disclaimer: The game suffers from SPS (Spikey Polygon Syndrome) and runs slowly, so play the PC version :p
Audio Sample (In OGG format, you don't know what that is? Then go crawl under the rock you live under!): MGS2 BGM Music (various)

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
*rolls eyes @ thread title*

Good shots though, mgs2 is sexy :)

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
W00t!

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to add to this, and and increase blood pressure amoung the pervy types, here's some hot girl on girl wet and dirty action....err Rumble Roses Mud Wrestling! :p

Shots taken with GSdx in Software mode as HW mode is borky atm (for this game), thus speed is not what it should be (in HW mode it looks bad, but it's 14 fps :evil: )

So bare this in mind when viewing shots ;)

Short video of some mud wrestling :here (Torrent, video is in DivX6 - Please Seed aslong as possible)

·
Eterus4Ever
60 Posts
WooW!
Great work! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blueshift said:
Ah, a long awaited update. Hehe. I got a little scared when i saw there wasn't an update for a while, but this has refinkled my faith. Great work.
Actually there was an update a few days ago showing how Namco X Capcom was playable, you just need to watch these forums closely :p

MGS2 Substance - SKATE.ELF
I suck at Skateboarding!! (DivX6 avi - 3.8MB - Running under PCSX2)

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is not taunting, mearly keeping you informed, there are alot of core components of pcsx2 being re-written, and whilst this is really helping, alot of games are broken until this process is complete, thus it would be utterly pointless to release now, lets just hope your all good boys and girls and santa may have a pressie for you ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im a good boy, and im very patient. Even though I do not believe in santa, I do believe in the PCSX2 team. If the team says we will maybe have a present in christmas or whenever, then I will wait till then. I would rather them tell me whats going on, then to wait for a release and not know whats been updated till its released.

·
Registered
9 Posts
CKemu said:
This is not taunting, mearly keeping you informed, there are alot of core components of pcsx2 being re-written, and whilst this is really helping, alot of games are broken until this process is complete, thus it would be utterly pointless to release now, lets just hope your all good boys and girls and santa may have a pressie for you ;)
Can you release before core rewritten version PCSX2 (or you help) as bugfix or another release, for more compatibility who dont know the CVS and failed to build it (thats me) :eyespin: rewrite core version maybe very late. :drool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't like the idea of waiting, but if patiente is required we should be patiente.

I know that they are working hard, so let's wait i prefer a 0.9 version more game compatible that just a version that is 0.9 and not much game compatibility.

And i don't think they will rewrite full core, probably will include more switch cases, resolve some DMA issues, and timing issues. But that will take a little time, i'l wait :)

Keep it going....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well then, i'll be hoping the new release comes out by Christmas time, in that case. ;)

Actually there was an update a few days ago showing how Namco X Capcom was playable, you just need to watch these forums closely
Well that's probably why i didn't see it, CK. I don't like Namco. Never have, never will--the name just bores me, and that's probably why my mind didn't even zone into the idea of clicking. That, and, the thread is almost at the bottom of the forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I guess PCSX2 team will release version 1.0 instead of releasing 0.9 which still doesn`t support video. I got PCSX2 0.9(compiled on 7th Sep) from my friend and i tried to run WRC4 PAL but it still went into infinite loop when it just reaches intro video.
So I think they`ll release ver 1.0 which i hope it`ll support all video formats so that ppl won`t need skip video patch anymore. This is what i am thinking.
What about you guys? What do you think?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.