3,934 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
This seems to be a LOT better than Settlers 5. Nice screenies :D

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Sheesh, are they trying to cripple all our computers? Looks like it's time for no AA and low resolutions :(

·
Registered
496 Posts
Those are obviously spiced up a big. Seriously doubt the game will look *that* good. If you had to have a computer to run that, they'd lose a lot of money. That's just to make everyone "oooohhhh" and "ahhhhhh" at it. It'll likely look somewhat close to that, but if it had to look like that, you'd need a top of the line machine, and even then, you'd get pretty low frames.
- Modem

·
Registered
608 Posts
Those shots look crazy indeed. Now onto gameplay...

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
:O Very nice. But like stilz said, now onto game play :p Im sure Settlers V will beat it in that ;)

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Looks awesome :D Any release date? Demo date?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Looks good sure, but, that's mostly cause it's full of shaders, the polygon count doesn't seem to be THAT high, I bet a card from the previous generation will be more than enough to run it (may be slow on FXs though, dx9 sucks on it :p)

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
It looks very nice but i never was a AOE lover so i'll stick to Starcraft and Red Alert 2.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
:O Very nice. But like stilz said, now onto game play :p Im sure Settlers V will beat it in that ;)
I found S5 gameplay to resemble AOE2's a lot :( With the researching and stuff... It was less settlers like and more AOE like then any other game of the Settler series :(
So when it comes to gameplay, I doubt Settlers 5 will be a lot better :(

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Such a rendering is pretty possible, hell Halflife 2 has literly given me a surprise. Well these pics are definitly a little optimized (maybe not), but one thing good is that in Pic 3 the Landscape is looking damn realistic. I guess on my Ti4200, few of the details will be taken out, but the game will still look pretty impressive.

·
band
4,912 Posts
well...we can always hope that the guys making this game are geniuses and somehow made some incredible algorithm for making this possible (geometry instancing? dunno)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Some more pics i found. I had to upload them to imageshack since the website wont work for most of you guys (ip restrictions)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
and some more

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Some of those shots looks better than graphic demo's for GPU's!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Shadows, Reflections kickass Geometry.
I'd be pissed if the gameplay sucked.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
/me wants! :drool:

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
608 Posts
The first shot fivefeet8 posted is crazy! oO... They look like a bunch of real models made out if either paper/plastic.
What is SM3? Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts