Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Windows 8 Pro
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno. I kinda like it, I kinda don't. It definately doesn't feel very AoE-ish. It feels more Age of Mythology which I wasn't a huge fan of.

Good:
Love the buildings, units, boats. Everything has a detailed look and looks very alive. Explosions are very flashy and parts go flying all over
The "card" system and the home city levelling. An interesting idea.
Some resources are infinite
Hard limits on boats and other units prevent huge unwinnable battles.

Bad:
Can't zoom out far enough at all
Trees don't last long (8 players will chop down almost every tree within 3 hours)
Not nearly enough options (can't even adjust the map size, it always defaults to one size based on the number of players)
Network play by direct IP? Nope! You can use their stupid matchmaking service or play on LAN, that's it.
AI pathfinding needs ALOT of help

I don't see this being a huge hit. The review sites and magazines have already given it mediocre reviews.

Starting up a town
HUGE boats (that is max zoom out)
Fire broadside!
The explosion effects are really cool

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
yeah, way too zoomed in, performance issues, gui is huge... scrolling very unsmooth... it has its fair share of problems. It is very nice graphically and the havok engine is entertaining but there are limits on how fun it can be because of what you see and not how you play

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Nah, they just ruined a great game...Again!!!

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
I tried the demo and gave up on it quickly, as far as I can tell it brings nothing new to a genre that has been dead since Warcraft 3. It had no performance issues whatsoever though, even with everything on high, and a lot of units on the screen at the same time which was impressive.

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
I tried the demo and gave up on it quickly, as far as I can tell it brings nothing new to a genre that has been dead since Warcraft 3. It had no performance issues whatsoever though, even with everything on high, and a lot of units on the screen at the same time which was impressive.
it wasnt even so much the performance as it was the total lack of smoothness when moving around your map

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.