Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yea, wth.
I've had it for about a week, and suddenly it just stopped working. When I run the ISO, it just gives me a black screen, and then if I try to minimize or mess with it, it crashes.
This was after I was swapping video plug-ins to see which one works the best, and after switching it back to the original plug-in, it didn't work.
Also, I had recently updated the driver for my GFX card before messing with the plug-ins.
Is it possible to download a worse driver for my GFX card, because the driver I downloaded seemed on the old side (2004) but then again my GFX card isn't exactly new (VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP) so...
:(
Also, when I run BIOS it works
EDIT: Ok, it works now, but I have lines during the menus (breath of fire 4)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Happens to me all the time... I just chalk it up to EPSXE being junk bunk. It's very inconsistant and, although alot of skill and thought went into creating the code for it, I find it to be buggy and lacking...

I mean, I have a 3.2ghz PC with 2gb of ram and I can't even use EPSXE on low settings, let alone full. It works sometimes... then it stops. It'll boot up some games but the sound is muffled and it skips frames or slows to a crawl.

The best emulator out there for PSX is the PCPSX or the PSXeven one. Both run leaps and bounds better than EPSXe, they just don't have the fancy polish and texture upgrades epsxe host. Which is a shame...

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Happens to me all the time... I just chalk it up to EPSXE being junk bunk. It's very inconsistant and, although alot of skill and thought went into creating the code for it, I find it to be buggy and lacking...

I mean, I have a 3.2ghz PC with 2gb of ram and I can't even use EPSXE on low settings, let alone full. It works sometimes... then it stops. It'll boot up some games but the sound is muffled and it skips frames or slows to a crawl.

The best emulator out there for PSX is the PCPSX or the PSXeven one. Both run leaps and bounds better than EPSXe, they just don't have the fancy polish and texture upgrades epsxe host. Which is a shame...
Sounds like a massive case of user error.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
error doesn't cover it. its clearly a case of user fail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like a massive case of user error.
My PC is more than capable, as am I... I've tried every plug in. I've used every setting multiple times... I've done everything you can possibly do. EPSXE isn't consistant. It works on some games, don't get me wrong. I can run FF7 and a few others without fail and at fantastic REZ, but booting up Crash Bandicoot results in slowdown and system crashes. Booting up any of the Resident Evil's ressults in muffled voices and crashes.

It's inconsistant... You constanlty have to alter your plugs and settings. What's the point? You're better off just using a real ps1 or PCPSX... Sure you don't have the graphic output of EPSXE, but the damn thing never works anyways.

As I said, I have a 3.2 ghz CPU and now have a damn good grafix card which cost 250 bucks. I've got 2 gb of ram... and I can't run Ps1 games? Please... It's the EPSXE. Not my PC and not me. I've used every plug, every way possible... It's a piece of junk emulator.

I can run Crysis for crying out loud... And I can't run a ps1 game. Crash Bandicoot for that matter "ha"

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Interesting.

Every PS1 game I have runs fine with the same exact settings. The only exception is Metal Gear Solid which requires a special game fix to be turned on in the Eternal SPU config.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
epsxe works just fine on my system as well as my 2 older ones, and just about everyone else here who actually knows how to use and set it up correctly will tell you the same.

edit- btw would you mind posting the brand name and model of your CPU and video card? its possible your hardware actually is behind your performance problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.