1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i wasn't a long time here ;)
So firstly i have a question....: :)
Does "NOW" works the PCSX2 ? I mean does it works with a new computer and things like that... I know that a few years earlier, there were only a few games, which were "playable" with only a few FPS... And how it looks like today? ;)

Thanks.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
For the most part, yes. It's not like ePSXe or anything, but if you have a good (not necessarily monster) PC, namely a modern dual core CPU at higher frequencies, or better, then most games will work fine.

I've played many, like Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Dragonball Z Budokai 1-3, Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Resident Evil Code Veronica, and a few of the Smackdown/Smackdown vs RAW games, and all work full speed with 95% or greater compatibility (it's mostly small visual glitches).

Of course, there ares till many games that will be slow, or won't work, or have many issues and glitches even if they play (I think Metal Gear Solid 2 is my only game that doesn't play well), but the emulator is alot more usable for it's intended use than it was before ~0.9.2 or so.

Advances in both hardware and the emulator have sped things up alot.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
You practically need a dual core (or more cores than that) CPU. One core won't really do for most of it.

The GPU is also not enough.

The RAM is fine, but that doesn't impact performance really anyway. You just need enough of it (which you have).

That system honestly isn't modern anymore, especially if that's an Athlon XP and not even an Athlon 64. In fact, if it's an Athlon XP, it won't even run at all. The CPU needs SSE2 for PCSX2 to run, which the Athlon XP lacks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ok, i've testet it on my notebook, and there comes always, wenn i want to start from cd:
- Failed loading MemoryCard from file: memcard\Mcd001.ps2
- ....................................................................Mccd002.ps2
- Error Opening CDVD Plugin

I've testet it first on my PC (Win XP), and it works, but slow.
And on the notebook, always theses errors come....

Notebook Specs:
- Duo Core 1.83 GHz
- 4 GB Ram
- Geforce 8600M GS
- Vista 32 Bit

Please help me :(

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
0.9.6 will definitely net you better results than 0.9.4. Better yet you can try the SVN beta's available at PCSX2.net download page which will contain additional code which should see better compatibility and performance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.