Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I just wanted to announce that next AdriPSX release will be the last one, at least for a while.

After next release, AdriPSX will turn into a "private project" , releasing betas only for beta-testers and friends.
The idea is to keep it private till reachig actual EPSXE status, or something like that.

This may take a a pair months.

If someone is really interested on becoming beta tester (I mean really becoming a beta tester).
There will be a "private" messageboard and download area, where testers whould post all their results (bug reports, shots, etc).
And I'll try to fix games one by one... as well as release betas with improvements on a weekly basis, so we can track progress, etc...

Next AdriPSX release includes several improvements...
being the most significative ones a PERFECT MDEC (like VGS), an almost completely redone GTE (a lot better 3D graphics, better colors, etc), some changes on CPU (very slightly less speed, but higher compatibility) and suport for a new GUI plugin. Pete is already coding a new GUI using this system. Surely it will be released along the emu.

Expect this next release (as I said, the last public release I will make for some time) to posted on Friday.

See ya.

Roor.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't be sorry... This is something good :)

It doesn't mean that AdriPSX is being stopped.
Just turning "private"...

Now that FPSE has been released..
And that other emus will be released... sooner or later.
I really want to have some kind of "competitive product".

Of course, this is not a competition, but if I want to do things the right way, I'll have to try to making lots of major progress before a new release. As I said, the idea, is to make a release in two months or little more... something "au pair" with EPSXE... at least.

Just, wish me good luck ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wait that in the following version, the game V-Rally 2 detects the control :)
AdriPSX is the only emulator that shows the game menus :D
but without control one can not make anything :(

S

·
0 Posts
Best wishes Roor. I am eagerly awaiting your release on Friday and will be waiting for more releases when they are ready. Adripsx is a very very good emulator and is only slightly below ePSXe. But, as far as I'm concerned, you are already miles ahead of FPSE. In my eyes you already have a very competitive product that not only comepetes w/the likes of VGS and bleem!, but beats them as well.
Takke all the time you require, something good can only come of it.
I will remain a friend and supporter of yours, no matter what. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think Adripsx is already competetive.

I really liked the fact that we were able to watch progress from one release to another in a short period of time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I salute you, Roor. A wise decision and an understandable approach. Not that I'm really gonna miss adripsx, simply cause I only used it once or twice. But I bet this is all gonna change in the future :) So take your time and make it worth the wait ;)

Ps. oh and yes, it really IS better already than some overhyped emus (no disrespect to the author, any serious work is highly appreciated)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Best wishes and regards to you, Roor and all the beta testers!
Do keep us posted on the WIP (especially screenies!) can't wait to actually see (and play!) the rival of EPSXe
And for those of you who is "eager" to play AdriPSX...Patience is Virtue (not to mention a very good PSX emu)

One last note: keep your soul clean, so there's no leak (hint,hint)and the future of AdriPSX shall shine bright!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
I think that is a very good decision....in a way

Ali
M.L.A

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
I'm sorry you took this decision. I apreciated very much your emu who is, in my opinion, with ePSXe, the only real opperational and freeware emu.

I was very happy to see by myself how you got more and more experience every week (or every day) in this hard job. To create threads in this forums and how you managed them.

The deal is not only to make fully opperational products. for that there are bleem or VGS. But also to see how some amateurs are making emus working as well as commercial ones by programers paid for that.

Again I'm sorry......

·
Registered
51 Posts
the only real opperational and freeware emu.
well, think again. think eg. psemupro. :D

But also to see how some amateurs are making emus working as well as commercial ones by programers paid for that.
You are utterly wrong if you believe that an amateur could've pulled off a job remotely as intricate as programming an psx emulator.

By the same token, there are "professional" emu programmers that are involved in "free" emulation as well. :)

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
Bleem or VGS don't work on W2K and you'll never move me back to win98, 98se or me.

As I said the only good working emus and free on W2K.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts