Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couldnt get his birthday cake for his 10th birthday :( Heard the sotry on the radio, the store would not make the cake with the name on it. Seems a little ****ed up.

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
not many people would make a cake with the name satan on it either.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
I read that article... I don't know whether to be appalled or amused. The parents don't seem bad, it's not like declaring they're Nazi's. They're just showing people their freedom. I say good on them.

It's a name associated with one of humanities worst tyrants, but that doesn't mean it has to be taboo.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
why did his parents name him that??

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Because they're *******s.

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
Because they are not in Germany.

Adolf -> Adawolf (Ancient German name, means "noble wolf") Adolf is a quite popular name.

Hitler -> Possible base names are: Hittler, Hüttler, Hidlar or Hidlarček. Haven't found the meaning yet.

Whatever is the case...

"A reputation never hurt anyone, as long as it's a good one."

·
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,201 Posts
It's a beautiful name :wub:

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell
Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell
Adolf Hitler Campbell

NOT a coincidence.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Well this isn't very nice. Just because they share same name doesn't mean they're the same people and you refuse to put their name on a 10 y/o kid's birthday cake! That's outright insulting. Many people share the first name with bad people, but that doesn't make them bad as well. And if they really do find the name to be THAT offensive, then they shouldn't have allowed for the child to be registered by that name in the first place.

·
Registered
449 Posts
He´s not 10, he´s 3 years old. Have any of you been informed that the father have lots of nazi symbols tattooed on his body? If his plan is to change the meaning of the nazi symbol to something else...FAIL. It will ALWAYS mean what it meant in the first place, that will never change.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
damn just because they kept his name as hitler.......doesnt mean he should be treated like this......i would take the bakery owners to cake if i was his father<lol i have a friend named osama........i dont kill him... :p>

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
But.....ehhh

thats like walking around with "nazi" posted on your forehead

·
Registered
80 Posts
If his plan is to change the meaning of the nazi symbol to something else...FAIL. It will ALWAYS mean what it meant in the first place, that will never change.
What swastika originally meant in the first place? You mean translated literally as "that which is associated with well-being," corresponding to "lucky charm" or "thing that is auspicious."? Unfortunately most people blindly associate the swastika with Nazis, completely ignoring the history of this symbol, and this isn't likely to change anytime soon.

·
Registered
449 Posts
What swastika originally meant in the first place? You mean translated literally as "that which is associated with well-being," corresponding to "lucky charm" or "thing that is auspicious."? Unfortunately most people blindly associate the swastika with Nazis, completely ignoring the history of this symbol, and this isn't likely to change anytime soon.
I am very well aware of the meaning of the symbol, i had history lessons in school for several years, i learned that in grade school. HOWEVER - The meaning has changed, at least in the western world. The Nazis used it as a symbol, which means it gets associated with the Nazis, whether you like it or not. And that will NEVER change. Deal with it. Nazis TODAY use it as their symbol. And think about it. Lucky charm? Hello? They were gonna take over the world (Which meant they would VERY much be auspicious), of course they wanted a symbol that had a meaning to them and their purpose.

Btw, as in first place, i was talking about when it was more commonly used in the western world. By the Nazis. Got it?;)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
I haven't heard about this, who is this person?
I've found an article written by a local newspaper 'The Express-Times'. They actually interviewed the family and wound up revealing just how screwed up they are. It's 5 pages long (very short pages) and you can read it here.

Then why do people see it as embodiment of evil nowdays?:rolleye:
What the?!? oO

What the hell are they teaching you guys in Finland? It kinda' scares me that we might be related in some long, drawn-out way, my Scandinavian "brother". :p

1 - 20 of 40 Posts