Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody

I've been playing a lot of 2d emulated titles (CV, Herc's Adventures, Alundra etc.) on my old Mi Pad 1 with custom firmware, and while those look OK with default shaders on x1 resolution with CRT-Hylian, I'd like to try out other options for 3D titles. I tried upscaling the resolution and utilising openGL plugin, but I just can't get past all the woobly-jiggly stuff that starts to happen no matter which settings I use. CRT is the way to go for me, in particular shaders from guest.r. However the only crt shaders that seem to work are the default ones (Hyllian and Lottes) and both of them are kinda unsatisfactory to me: CRT Hyllian looks to scanline-y, I prefer it when light areas have less visible scanlines and whites kinda merge together, the way it looks like it worked on older TVs using composite cable and CRT-Lottes has both this bulging/curved display effect that I really don't like and really greyed out palette. Each time I add any .slv/.slf shaders and try to run the game with them,the emulator simply starts up with no shader at all. I tried editing files manually but I have no idea how to put what I want to see on the screen into the code, comments can help only so much. So is it somehow forced in the program to only utilize these particular shaders that you can download using the emulator itself, or is there any way to, perhaps, convert the .slv/.slf files from this forum in order for them to work with android ePSXe?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts