Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was quite a few of us who enjoyed posting and discussing news, but as they all got confined to one thread it kind of died out. The reason for this is certainly that for example if three people post different news it's impossible to keep track of 3 different discussions at the same time, and a lot of people missed the news intressing to them.

So why not add a section for news in the off-topic discussion section? that way the people who don't like all the news clogging up the forum won't have to ever see them, and the ones who do can enjoy the news section.

Any comments welcome!

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
If this forum is to open, its not for Player-X to turn into newsbot mode and spam every piece of news he can find. However I think it would be alright.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Samor pretty much summed up my thoughts as well :)

It's a good idea, now to find someone who wants moderate all those threads, which hasn't been the easiest job afaik :p

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
i think it's a horrible idea. the only thing in there would be utter spam, like "pope farts; catholic population uneasy" or "world's largest tomato found in gay man's backyard". not only does that news have NOTHING to do with emulation at all, it's pure spam, no matter how you look at it.

if you guys want to talk about random news, go make your own forum to discuss that and get off of emuforums please. we have #ngemu so you can talk to ngemu people about any ridiculous subject you please. come on guys, all that stupid news was spam, plain and simple. did you ever think to why all those topics were confined to one thread, and then later moved to closed discussion? it's because we don't want your random news.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
hushypushy said:
i think it's a horrible idea. the only thing in there would be utter spam, like "pope farts; catholic population uneasy" or "world's largest tomato found in gay man's backyard". not only does that news have NOTHING to do with emulation at all, it's pure spam, no matter how you look at it.

if you guys want to talk about random news, go make your own forum to discuss that and get off of emuforums please. we have #ngemu so you can talk to ngemu people about any ridiculous subject you please. come on guys, all that stupid news was spam, plain and simple. did you ever think to why all those topics were confined to one thread, and then later moved to closed discussion? it's because we don't want your random news.
Exactly... www.digg.com pwns news

However its not like we should restrict all 'news' posts, it does bring some fun things to talk about in open discussion.

...if you guys want to talk about random news, go make your own forum to discuss that and get off of emuforums please...
*cough* "babe" sigs *cough* (just saying ;) )

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey, im reformed. look at my current sig. it's appropriate AND it fits in the size limits this time!
A cars sig?!?! go to some car forum if you want that!, for example http://forum.bmwcarmagazine.com/ // this is ngemu :p

There's plenty of other forums to discuss anything including emulation, however if you were to join a forum for each interest there'd be a bunch of forum to join, one is more than enough for me. Beside NGEMU holds many intressing people for discussing the news. What are you complaining for anyway Hushy? it's not like you need to ever visit that news section.

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,231 Posts
Well since the sticky is gone for those type of news .. and they will most likely get closed if posted as new threads then why go and create a forum for it. Obviously when they were originaly posted in open discussion they were complained about a lot, single thread for news didn't work either .. whats the point of pushing it?

I tend to agree with the people that think there shouldn't be a forum just for this type of information and ngemu has more then enough forums to moderate as it is (and recently less people to moderate them). If a thread is being closed in the most open forum for discussions here at ngemu then thats a good indication that it probably doesn't belong here.

ChankastRules said:
Beside NGEMU holds many intressing people for discussing the news. What are you complaining for anyway Hushy? it's not like you need to ever visit that news section.
Well he is a mod and any good mod keeps an eye on eveything. So its a little hard to avoid.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
ChankastRules said:
What are you complaining for anyway Hushy? it's not like you need to ever visit that news section.
well keith took the words out of my mouth but i just to add...even though i have a crapload of posts, there are a lot of threads i read without posting to ;) i'm everywhere...watching you :evil:

·
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it's a problem to moderate it, I wouldn't mind doing it. I spend too much time here as it is anyhow :p

i'm everywhere...watching you
OO, no even when I take a shower?

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
I don't think we need a sub section in the off-topic discussions for merely news. It'll invite a lot of spamming and the main off-topic discussions would only contain love based threads :p

But having only ONE thread for ALL news in the Off-topic is another extreme measure.
And I think ppl should really some post news in the off-topic discussions not because they may be NEW to us, but because we all can share our 2 cents on it.

And well, by news I really meant something that doesn't lead to stomach disorders, sour mouths and gooey keyboards with splashed monitors :p

·
Heh...
2,829 Posts
In my opinion, it depends on what the person who is posting the news is trying to accomplish. If they're trying to inform us with news, then yeah it's going to cause problems but if they're trying to create discussion, then the threads won't be excessive. I think just trying it out won't hurt though for a momentary basis. What could go wrong? If anything happens, just delete the forum

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
moomoomoo said:
Either way it'll bring back the original problem... :(
yeah, pretty much. six in one, half dozen in the other...the only solution to this is ban the posting of non emu related news. it'd be fine if like once in a while someone posted some random news fact, ok i dont mind. but when it comes to be like i click on "new posts" and there are tons of different stupid and weird news posts it becomes annoying. i'd say that if there was an influx of anything non-emulation related. if there was, all of the sudden, 20 new love topics or car topics a day i'd be trying to shut those down too ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.