Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
uhm..I thought it looked the same in the emu?

And is that the boot sound recorded from the actual psx...
because it sounds like that in epsxe, but my friend's psx had a slightly different sounding one.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Samor
uhm..I thought it looked the same in the emu?

And is that the boot sound recorded from the actual psx...
because it sounds like that in epsxe, but my friend's psx had a slightly different sounding one.
Actually, the last time I checked, none of the plugins could draw the BIOS graphics correctly. Maybe I should check again :)

And yes, that boot sound was taken directly from the real thing :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Samor
hmm..the boot sound is emulated well then...
always thought it was broken since it sounded different on that real psx....
I have always found that the sound for the "chimes" sound effect wasn't emulated perfectly, but I use Iori's fast SPU and not the more accurate and slow Eternal SPU ... I guess there's a difference, but I haven't checked recently :)

G

·
Originally posted by NickK

I have always found that the sound for the "chimes" sound effect wasn't emulated perfectly, but I use Iori's fast SPU and not the more accurate and slow Eternal SPU ... I guess there's a difference, but I haven't checked recently :)
oh, but you could be right...I dont have an actual psx myself, only emulators, so I would probably judge something as 'perfect' earlier...
I mean, I know MSX very well, and I can point out errors in any MSX emu easily, but not with psx..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.