Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· New to Dolphin
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Dolphin for the first time. I go to properties for my game (Wind Waker) and i see AR codes. I check off the ones i want, and i start up the game, but they don't work. Am i supposed to do something more? I mean the lines of codes for the cheats are already there. What do i need to do?

I'm running SVN 2195.

· Registered
379 Posts
Do action replay (well, more like Gecko OS/Ocarina) codes work for Wii games as well, such as things like Brawl+? Also, does it have the 256 line limit that Gecko OS has? I'm guessing no since our PCs have much more RAM than the Wii does.

I'd test all this myself, but I can't with my current CPU.

· Code it the hard way :P
1,344 Posts
Do action replay (well, more like Gecko OS/Ocarina) codes work for Wii games as well, such as things like Brawl+? Also, does it have the 256 line limit that Gecko OS has? I'm guessing no since our PCs have much more RAM than the Wii does.

No AR exists for Wii, our Dolphin AR would be the first Wii Action Replay hehe.

1,344 Posts
wow really, haha thats cool
Remember Wii has a lot of security, so it would be hard for a real AR to modify the RAM because its protected in the console. For Dolphin, we don't protect anything :p

· Registered
379 Posts
I know there's no AR for Wii, hence why I said Gecko OS/Ocarina in parenthisis, since those work as an Action Replay in its place.

1,344 Posts
I know there's no AR for Wii, hence why I said Gecko OS/Ocarina in parenthisis, since those work as an Action Replay in its place.
AR Dolphin should be able to write at any Wii RAM spot. We just need someone to make the codes, since Datel wouldn't have anything.

· Registered
379 Posts
You mean the Gecko OS hex codes aren't/wouldn't be the same?

1,344 Posts
You mean the Gecko OS hex codes aren't/wouldn't be the same?
Eh, the GOS prolly works different from AR. AR has different command codes it can do like Z Codes, Conditionals, and different ways to fill memory or it can do things with pointers. Fill n Slide is the craziest @** memory hack function it has (some kind of memory stride operation) besides the AR self modification codes. So I doubt GOS has something like that.

· Registered
379 Posts

1,344 Posts
It looks like it can do more than AR, really I don't think the makers of are gonna duplicate the AR command system. Plus why would you copy Datel's system, instead of making your own system that is better than it? :p. Have you tried an AR code with it? Anyways, if you are still unsure, just try making using a GOS code in Dolphin's AR.

· Registered
379 Posts
As I said before...
Note my CPU in my signature. SSE2 is required to run dolphin.

If you want a really deluxe Gecko OS code to test with, I recommend Brawl+ (for Smash Bros. Brawl as you can imagine).
Downloads
Forum Topic + Info

· Registered
94 Posts
anyone got any ideas of implementing Brawl+ yet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.