Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just hit the "Post Reply" button and was greeted with this unpleasant message:

1. gamefreak94, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: - Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? - If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
At first I thought I'd been banned or something oO. But I could still access my PMs and UserCP. However the forums themselves, including the main forums index, were not accessible. I got the same error. But then the problem cleared up after a 5-10 minutes. You might think that such a petty issue doesn't deserve a new thread, but I think it might happen for prolonged periods with other members.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'll definitely submit subsequent reports, and date/times if i experience this.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I have had this once or twice in the past and was quite recent (merely a week or two ago), what I think happened is that emuforums logged me out, even though I had only been browsing for a few minutes at the time and had made a post already. A refresh of the page indicated that I was logged out, when there was no prompt that instructed me I had logged out. Was strange but only happened on a few sparse occasions.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It didn't sign me off though. Even if I was logged out, I could still access the main forum index, but I couldn't. Besides, the message was starting with "gamefreak94, ......"

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It sounds like user group problems, I've seen it before after having been migrated to a new user group. Did you get assigned to a new group as a Translator by any chance?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Just fyi, Pere had a family emergency and had to go out of town. So it might be a little bit. If it happens again, or happens to anyone else, please say something and I'll see what I can do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts