Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue when using Project64 1.6 with the Jabo Direct3D8 1.6 plugin. Basically, this happens with EVERY game I've tried (even Mario 64). The error is as follows-

"Access violation While processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator"

I shall give you my system specs, but realize that I have been playing PJ64 on this PC for about a month without this error occurring AT ALL. It also allows me to continue playing as normal, but every 10 seconds or so, the error pops up and nags me about it, making it hard as hell to play. Anyways, specs-

Dell Optiplex GX280
- Pentium 4 HT 2.8ghz (single core)
- 2GB DDR2 ram
- Intel Integrated Media Accelerator 900 (usually fine for full speed N64 emulation)

I can actually use the Jabo D3D8 1.6 plugin on PJ64 1.5. I can also use PJ64 with an older Jabo plugin from the old emulator. And until now, I was able to play just fine with no errors at all. It just recently started doing this. I have not tried PJ64 1.7 due to having no money to donate.

Any ideas? I realize most of you will probably state that my gfx card sucks. I've played this emulator pretty well on far worse cards though (got an old Pentium 3 laptop with a 16MB radeon mobile that plays most games well). I've tried uninstalling PJ64 1.6 and reinstalling. No effect.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
use the D3D6 plugin. the Dx8 plugin requires vertex shaders, which the GMA9xx's don't support.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured you'd say that. I've been doing that, but the problem is that for more than a month, I have been using the DX3D8 plugin without any hassle or errors. I don't get why it suddenly won't work. I can even load said D3D8 plugin in another emulator like 1964 and run it fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.