Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good job and thanks to all the programmers who work on this project.

NOTE: everything works fine for me (currently using beta), but I have a...

Question:
When I first started as a newbie many days ago, I used an older copy of PCSX2
What exactly was changed during the installation (first run) process where I saw a message kinda like "access to memory ... restarting computer"?

What should I need to reset concerning system/xp changes if i do an un-install /rollback ?

ie. What was changed ? - windows access ? registry ? low level files ? bios ?

Thanks! :)

Appreciate any enlightenment, as I am somewhat concerned about this procedure.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Problem:
you are using an older version.

Solution:
Stop using an older version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
believe me I know how to search forums, being doing it longer then you can imagine, uhhhhh , what you think i have posted a message for ... the good of my health ?

GMAB - i am programmer in the business since the 80's, tskkkkk, yikes , young puppies these days

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
FACT: nobody cares how long you were in the business. There is always a youngen with twice as much experience then you around the corner.

·
Registered
176 Posts
>> obviously you dont know anything about this topic

I lol'd

You wouldn't have to change anything, why would you try to fix what's not broken? Unless you have some problems, I don't get the point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i lol, **** is that what is so ****ing funny about ****ing up people's computers ? HHAHAHAH, DOHHHHHHHHHH, what are we all from australia ?

wtf is so funny ? as far as i know you put a ****ing virus on my computer, answer THE ****ing QUestion or shut up

ONLY a ****inng amateur , would **** with the computer and then reboot without asking the user ... what a piece of **** software

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Enough unpleasantness.

Starting from PCSX2 0.9.6 and later beta versions, there is no VM build any longer, as it has been superseded by vTLB.
The RAM warning you mentioned was specific to VM builds, which are considered obsolete now.

The specific VM memory lock is stored in the registry from my recollection, and deletion of that key could suffice. The fix was mentioned somewhere.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Enough unpleasantness.

Starting from PCSX2 0.9.6 and later beta versions, there is no VM build any longer, as it has been superseded by vTLB.
The RAM warning you mentioned was specific to VM builds, which are considered obsolete now.

The specific VM memory lock is stored in the registry from my recollection, and deletion of that key could suffice. The fix was mentioned somewhere.

stop spoonfeeding the noobs.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
stanwilcox: the word is censored for a reason, do not try to go around it. you can make a point without ****, ****ing, **** ****, ****in. I think you've been using forums long enough to know that it doesnt help in a thread.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
stanwilcox: the word is censored for a reason, do not try to go around it. you can make a point without ****, ****ing, **** ****, ****in. I think you've been using forums long enough to know that it doesnt help in a thread.

I read each thread, assuming they haven't.
It prevents 70% of headaches.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
yeah thats what you get for Messing with a Canadian, you will know better next time !

and believe me i cross searched via google and this thread, but the issue was that the verbage i was using in the search wasnt coming up. this is because i dont remember this verbage during installation.

Now, instead of wasting your time , my time with beat around the bush answers, isnt it better just to get to the point... and smoke another joint ?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
enough with the baiting, neither of you will be warned again.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
yeah thats what you get for Messing with a Canadian, you will know better next time !
Boredom and an urge to eat jello? You make canadians look bad. seriously.

Stop making life hard for yourself and just use 0.9.6 or higher.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I wasn't baiting, thats the problem. You legitimately bore me, and seriously make canadians look bad.

Now do yourself a favour, and stop using old versions of pcsx2. Old versions don't get support.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bore you , you sound like the beloved Queen, tsk you bore me Henry, gee for a country that broke away from the queen, you sure keep up airs.

anyways John is right, i shall not bait,nor be baited, nor master baited

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.