Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I`ve been using PCSX2 0.8.1 for nearly 3 months now.
I tried to run WRC4 PAL on PCSX but what I could see was an intro logo of "Playstation 2" then I went to infinite loop. So I`ve checked forums, and i realised that PCSX doesn`t support video atm. So i am just waiting for next release of PCSX2 and I appreciate for PCSX2 team about their achievement. I`m just wondering if all PS2 games use the same video format or each of them use different format. Can anybody explain to me please? Oh and I anyone has WRC4, I would like to find out what video format it uses. (eg. FMV, etc) Mine is WRC4 PAL SCES 52389.
Thank you.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
There are so many formats of video (and different variations of audio multiplexed with video) that IPU emulation (which handles the video streams in games) has been a very difficult task. The intro to Kingdom Hearts work, but the FMV's in Final Fantasy X don't. Yet they are both in PSS format if I recall correctly. There are just so many variants with it, it can tend to be unpredictable. One goal the team has is to have the IPU working fairly well on the next release.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.