Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uh, does this mean everything we post here MUST have something to do about emulation? :confused: just clearing up things....

but really...

if it werent for someone here who recently posted useless blabber just for the sake of the custom status thingy this shouldn't have happened. :mad: :mad: :mad: you know who you are.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a sticky at the top of every section of the forums now... :(

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
yeah.., does it also include things like interesting/funny pics or cool articles or talking bout stuff that are really cool but has nothing to do with emulation? Like the (posts pictures thread), i could delete them all if you like...:(

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If I see anyone posting just to increase his post count, and you know who you are, then I will cut your existing post count in half. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
I think Bgnome is referring to a certain person's... shall we say, spamming of the boards in order to reach the 700 post count... I don't think he means off-topic threads in general. At least, I hope not.

[edit] I sure hope this wasn't addressed to me... the little thing I did was a joke... sorry if I'm the offender :(

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Xeven
yeah.., does it also include things like interesting/funny pics or cool articles or talking bout stuff that are really cool but has nothing to do with emulation? Like the (posts pictures thread), i could delete them all if you like...:(
yeah, that thread's really fun....it made me get over the demise of the Screenshots section at least for a while :(

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I dunno about that... otherwise he would have closed the ot section as well. My thoughs would agree with Asfaloth's line of thinking...

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by kairi00
Ayy.... thanks for pointing me to it, Shiori Fujisaki.

Well, if I were the one, I apologize.
same goes for me, Bgnome, if you think im one of them. I can assure you that i'm not going for 700. although ill eventually reach it because im having so much fun talking to you guys, im not really in a rush. :p So please, i hope you'll continue to let us post non-emu related stuff. But please take action against people who are obviously flooding the boards for the sake of the custom status reward for reaching 700 posts. We don't want those kinds of people too. :mad:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
sorry about not being clear.
i dont mind you guys having fun. heck, i was the first to reply about chicken nuggets right? i just get annoyed when people post 1 word that doesnt really mean anything or bump, etc..
theres nothing wrong with off topic as long as its kept in the right forums. if you guys dont make an effort to annoy me then i wouldnt have any merit in doing anything. and it does take quite a bit of effort to annoy me.. :p

·
5,568 Posts
Whooo..! i thought i was gonna have to be that serious Xeven from now on... man, i don't even like that guy.., now.. back to having fun..:D :D :D

S

·
0 Posts
It is sad that I must say this, as I enjoy fun as much as anyone here, but I agree w/Bgnome completely. When the ePSXe board was up and running full time and I used to visit the message boards regularly, there was one poster who did nothing but post useless things and then he bragged about how high his post count was. The result of this was to get epSXe's host upset by the use of excess bandwidth, so they closed ePSXe's site down. I do not want to see the same thing happen here, nor, I think, do any of you. Posts like hmmm, bump, yup, etc. do nothing and help no one. Lets have fun, but within reason, okay? Thanks.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Noooooooooo!!!!

Due to my absence from the boards my 3rd highest poster position is slipping from my grasp. Betamax is only a measley 20 posts behind me. Not that its a compitition. Neither Betamax or I are really trying to have a high post count, but its still nice to be in the top 3(not that their's really much benefits or anything). Oh well, I hope you keep posting as much as possible, Beta. The 3rd position is yours soon whether I like it or not(cause I sure as heck don't have time to come defende my place), but I can't think of a more suitable person to be in the top 3 than you, Betamax.

·
5,568 Posts
I understand you completely sxamiga, and in my case i've tried to limit useless banter as much as possible, although more often that not i have failed. Please understand that sometimes people like myself need to retreat from their real lives and i guess i try to have fun in these boards to relieve some of the stress. (yes, i too have a stressful job and all real life as well, im an electrical engineer working for a semiconductors company, and things aren't really going well for the industry right now). I also share your concerns about things getting out of hand, and about some individuals which have no other objectives whatsoever that to achieve high posts count, guess its attributed more to hormones than anything else, but also, never an excuse. I guess now you're wondering what all this is leading to, nothing much really, guess i just wanted you to know why some of guys come to these boards, and tell you that we do appreciate the work that you've done, and most of us will try to protect what's been built.

(i know, i know i sound pathetic, but like i said nobody likes the serious me, so you probably won't be seeing me do this again.)

sincerely,
FJA/Xeven

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Xeven, I appreicate it and I am sure that Bgnome does too. I, also, come to these boards and forums to "unstress". I like being an Administrator and helping people, It is my way of giving back to the emulation community a "little bit" of what it has given to me. I am glad you understand and I am sure that if you do, then so do others. Thanks for making my night. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Mass huggies all around :D But seriously, guys, thanks for clearing that up and getting this little "issue" under control.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts