Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
It's mostly CPU dependent at the moment, but a decent gfx card is recommended (pixel shading in gsdx9 won't work if your gfx card doesn't support it;))

·
Read Only
10,484 Posts
It just affects the graphics in gsdx9, 'cause if your card support pixel shader it would make the image nicer.
I've heard that it's better to use pixel shader 1.4 which is a little bit faster than with the other settings.
But you wouldn't need pixel shader support if your using gssoft, like it's name states it's proccess of output is done by software not hardware like gsdx9.
That's why gssoft it's slower 'cause the graphics are done trough the cpu.

Please anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
mr_coffee said:
Yes the CPU is doing the majority of the processing, if you take a stare at your CPU usage with gsoft you'll see but the processor doesn't tkae 100% of the brunt of graphics processing.
yes obviously the graphics card would do some, otherwise you would have a very lazy graphics card and likely no output :p

but with gssoft, the graphics processing is done by software, this means the polys, vertex's everything like that is done on the cpu, where with gsdx9 it is processed on dx9 supported hardware (aka your graphics card) which reduces the cpu load.

The downside to software processing is it hogs a lot of the cpu generating the PS2's graphics, so it leaves very little for the actual emulation.

·
Banned
22 Posts
if your processor is doing the majority of the graphics processing and ur graphics card is sitting there rubbing one off, your computer is going to be quite whorish. Infact it will probably suck in such a big way, you'd most likely want to inflict physical harm towards it. :damnyou:

·
Registered
18 Posts
So, how well should an athlon 64 3200 handle most of the fighters for ps2? I haven't actually tried to emulate any games yet, I'm just kind of preparing for when I do... gathering info you know. As well, how would my pci-e grafix card do with pcsx? Is it possible I could get some nice framerates with guilty gear?! Or maybe even KoF? *Moo's* "mooooooo!".

ArCaDE JuNkIE

·
Banned
22 Posts
Well if you have a graphics card that doesn't suck in a big way, there is no need to use ggsoft, use a plugin that takes advantage of your graphics card. The games i've played so far i get about 68 fps, I have a Alienware Area 51 system, 3.4 Intel, 1 gig DDR, GeForce 6800 GT 256 PCI-Express, sound blaster audigy, etc. :agree: Because thats how I roll.

·
Registered
18 Posts
mr_coffee said:
Well if you have a graphics card that doesn't suck in a big way, there is no need to use ggsoft, use a plugin that takes advantage of your graphics card. The games i've played so far i get about 68 fps, I have a Alienware Area 51 system, 3.4 Intel, 1 gig DDR, GeForce 6800 GT 256 PCI-Express, sound blaster audigy, etc. :agree: Because thats how I roll.
Thats some serious sweetness... But I roll with AMD, cause I dont have money :agree: . But it sounds like there isnt an advantage to using Pentium over amd with pcsx so it should be cool.

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
Pandab34R said:
Thats some serious sweetness... But I roll with AMD, cause I dont have money :agree: . But it sounds like there isnt an advantage to using Pentium over amd with pcsx so it should be cool.
so you know he means pc games run at 68fps, i seriously doubt he had pcsx2 running at that speed, i have an Opteron running at 2.8Ghz and im using gsdx9, my games range between 1-40fps on the latest 0.9 beta, and thats using VU-Rec too.

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
mr_coffee said:
Actually no refraction, i meant playstation 2 games. If the number on the tittle bar is correct then thats what they are running at. :xomunch:
well its either you are lying or you are talking about 2d games :p where im talking about the majority of PS2 games which are 3d

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.