Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there are alot of ppl claiming the PSX emu is dead, or very near to it, but here's my opinion on this.
Lets take Snes emulation as an example. Snes is one damn old sistem, but has the emulation of Snes stoppped? Nop! A short time ago, when no one expected, a new version of ZSnes came out (even with the sad stuff that happened to one of the programmers :( ). Its gettin better and better every time. But still (and im still in Snes emulation) there are games that don't work, new features to be added, speed enchancments to be made, and more, more stuff. Now, the Snes emulation is far more advanced than the PSX one and the current time, and still develloping. I consider the PSX the rightfull successor of the Snes (all the great RPGs, most of the great games are for theze machines*sigh*) so i think ppl like Nikk (who is still activly working one his plugin, wich is becoming very good) Pete (he has slowed the development of the plugin, but still keeps launching a new version from time to time) will always continue to add more stuff, to enchance the plugs, to surprise us.
As we see now, some emus getting discontinued (like FPSE) or rumors of the discontinuing of some others (like ePSXe :( ) can let us, PSX emulation fans down! We must always remember that when ppl cease the development, they usualy release the font so other kewl guys lookin for an opurtunity can continue the emus.
So this is my opinion, i think there's still a lot to be made on PSX emus.

For all you Plugin and emus authors out there
Thks for what u gave us
Keep PSXemu alive!

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Well said...
Indeed...saying that PSX emulation is dead is like saying the PSX is dead... The PSX is still putting out good titles...even more so when Sega attempts to port many of their Saturn titles...

All in all we see development going well...FPSE was reported as dead..but LD Chen is still trying to port the program to other operating systems...

PSinex is giving Linux users the joy that Windows users have experienced for some time..

AdriPSX has been reported as having a beta release coming up..

Andy, Null, Iori, and a few other authors have been collaberating to create the ultimate SPU plugin

Pete and Nikk are still bringing out releases of there plugins, and Lewpy is still around lending guidance

Bleem is finally attempting to create somewhat more compatible releases of there Bleem PC emu

We think that PSX emulation is still around...just slowing down somewhat....For a time the SNES emulators were slowing till the authors made them Open Source....Perhaps the same could be said for the future of PSX emulation....only the future knows..

Keep up the good work emulation authors...and special thanks to the founding fathers that started it all to begin with.....

K

·
0 Posts
Well I can atleast say that ePSXe is not dying .. that much is for sure. Also Dark_Watcher PSinex is a windows emulator, not sure if you ment PCSX for Linux or not. Also if you follow www.psxfanatics.com you will see that the PSX Scene is alive and well. I will continue to support all the authors, and hopefully keep a few motivated enough to keep on going. Also don't forget that PSinex, PCSX, and AdriPSX are in development and are only going to get better. Also another emulator might be coming back but probably one you might not expect or even remember ;) .... stayed tuned :p

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Originally posted by Wormie
Well I can atleast say that ePSXe is not dying .. that much is for sure. Also Dark_Watcher PSinex is a windows emulator, not sure if you ment PCSX for Linux or not. Also if you follow www.psxfanatics.com you will see that the PSX Scene is alive and well. I will continue to support all the authors, and hopefully keep a few motivated enough to keep on going. Also don't forget that PSinex, PCSX, and AdriPSX are in development and are only going to get better. Also another emulator might be coming back but probably one you might not expect or even remember ;) .... stayed tuned :p
...hmmm, very interesting !!! ...could it be PSEmuPro ? ...oh, well - we'll just have to wait & see I guess :)

BTW, I agree 100% with you, Neojag - here's a HUGE "THANK YOU" to ALL the emu & plugin authors !!! ...you guys made our dreams come true, we will ALWAYS remember you - ALL of you :)

S

·
0 Posts
I never did think the PSX Emu scene was dying. Like Bobbi said, in the summer time people would rather be out enjoying themselves, but the fall and winter are another matter entirely.
Very interesting, Wormie, could it be that maybe PSEMU PRO will come back? One can only hope.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

K

·
0 Posts
maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that .. but it is not PSEmu Pro, you will just have to wait and see.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Anyone mentionned that _Demo_ is one of the main Zsnes coder?
He knows what it is to work for a llloooooooonnnnnggggggg time on an emu!;)

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Whoops!! haha indeed we confused PCSX and PSinex...We were experimenting with PCSX as we typed that....Wormie got us stressin with PSX Fanatics compatibility reports..... Just kidding..hahaha

Indeed _Demo_ has been around for some time..:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well as to complete your words guys, I would say that development will never stop. Imagine that we actually enjoy playing games of the old SNES & GENESIS, even GAMEBOY. When psx emulators will advance to the next level of development this will be a succesful emu scene. The PlayStation had a bunch² of great games, that can be played through the years. How many times have i played FF7 - FF8 - FF9. Only god knows. Or even Tekken3 for over than 4 hours just to discover and learn combos and counter attacks. =)

PSX will never die, as some unsuccesful systems do!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Wormie
maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that .. but it is not PSEmu Pro, you will just have to wait and see.
Really interesting.No hints from you but I still have the last version of psyke installed on my system or may be its jackal(I also have that one too).Though I am sure it should not be Soap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts