Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! :rotflmao:

I was just wondering, how old is PCSX2 now? I just got into the whole PS2 emulation scene and just thought it might be good to know.

Thank you in advance! Keep up the great work, PCSX2 team! :eyemove:

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
around 3-4 years old IIRC

Yours,
-Elly

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
:p
3 years :S
do you guys ever though about quitting ? Like you got a problem, you can't fix it for a periode of time then you almost quit cuz you got tired of finding the problem and then one day you found the solution...

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi, i'm new here, thanks for this great project,

is there a rough target for a version that will be able to play supported demos at 15+ fps and what sort of system will be required, i just want rough estimates, i understand it can be hard to predict, but a rough idea would be nice :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well nothing like that is predictible really ... Thee are too many factors to consider.

But if I had to guess, I would say another year or so and probably any top of the line computer out today.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well this is purely speculation, but Hopefully within 2 years if the authors are working as hard as they are now, we should be playing games (at least to the point of being playable) at decent speeds. :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yea, but right now, the emulator isn't at a stage where we test what specs work best, because the emulator isn't really developed far enough. Maybe once it is at a stage similar to lets say ... Chankast, maybe thaen we can decide.

Think of it like an alpha version of a PC game. You can't tell what specs will work best till the code is optimized along with all the other bits that go into a game. The same sort of factors would apply to emulators in their own ways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
as this emulator is for windows or linux, what would happen if you hooked up one of the games that runs to a linux based super computer? would it be playable? :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well you might get increased fps in the menu's etc ... but it wouldn't be any more playable than it is today.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts