Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was playing KH for PS2, and I was fighting the Rock Titan. My mom comes, sees it, and is like... "OMG, these days they make games just for publicity, so that the kids buy it!"
Like... what would the Rock Titan be trying to sell? Greek mythology? -_-

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Well, maybe she was talking about the pretty graphics :p

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Did she say "oh em gee" or "oh my god"....anyhow is she talking about greek mythology? That it's wrong or something...? Or that it's "childish"...either way she seems like a one sided *****...that never wants to understand anything other than what she like what was taught to be accepted in her time...Just my inferance...explain to me though I like to try to understand people sometimes...(please dont get offended, by all means I don't mean to do that.)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
99% of the parents don't even know what they're talking about when they see their kids playing videogames, only thing to do: Ignore what they say!

·
World's Top C.T. fan
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aided Onslaught said:
Did she say "oh em gee" or "oh my god"....anyhow is she talking about greek mythology? That it's wrong or something...? Or that it's "childish"...either way she seems like a one sided *****...that never wants to understand anything other than what she like what was taught to be accepted in her time...Just my inferance...explain to me though I like to try to understand people sometimes...(please dont get offended, by all means I don't mean to do that.)
Did you ever see the scene I was talking about? If not, it includes you fighting against a Titan from greek mythology (from the movie Disney's Hercules)... so, my point is... what could they be trying to promote with such a fight? Greek mythology? I mean, I don't think that greek mythology needs promotion nowadays, hum? -_-

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Does you mom understand why mythology was made way back when, or know anything about it? Did you try to ask her what she means? (I'm not sure what you mean, did she mean that it was wrong, or what? or that they are trying to just do anything to make something sell..) when people automaticly say something is "wrong" I always wonder why...It's been happening since time started...

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
a) I dont know why you are so concerned about your mom's random comment and making such a fuss about it.
b) I am pretty sure they are NOT trying to promote anything with that fight... except promoting Disney and Square stuff using the game as the medium.

kthx

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Ya... that game is promoting disney and square like crazy oO (from stuff I saw here and there :p) It just take a bunch of disney/square characters and make a game because they already have publicity. Maybe the game's too crappy to sell without a whole bunch of famous characters or scenes :evil:

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
[RANT]
parents always complain when they butcher classic characters into a 3D game :p Publicity....I say so. They could of gave that kid a better weapon other than a key :p but nooo......disney is anti-violence....sure, beat their ass with a key!

My parents said the same thing with GTA.....playing GTA3, listening to them saying "heh, now you can kill *****es in 3D now?" :p watch their reaction when they see me play battle raper :evil:

must be a 3D thing
[/RANT]

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Well it did have a dark aspect. But that was only for story purposes. (mostly near the end) most Disney movies have a darker phase to the storyline. But that fits into the villain relationship. like Sleeping beauty.

You also have to remember that the original stores by the Grimm Brothers they where all based on. Are very dark

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Is it wrong to reproduce human nature to show that we should aim for being more pure? Ask her that...I mean that's like taking all the bad thing in the world and never letting your kids see them, guess what? they are going to see them sooner or later and if they all the sudden see them all at once when they are 18 and goes out side the house for the first time...they are going to get body slamed with a gun in their head. To be good we must understand evil.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Lol... I'm sure watching the "darkness" in the cartoons/games prepares you for the REAL world :lol: (I'm not there yet, but I highly doubt how these things help)

·
band
4,912 Posts
lol...this thread is funny. esp with aided onslaught talking about going outside the house and getting a gun slammed into their head XD.

note, in the street next to mine , some guy was shot in his house in by a stray bullet in a gun fight happening outside in the street. it went thru the aluminum housing, thru a speaker and into his chest...pretty sad. so jsut so u know...u dont even have to go outside at all =(

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
I wasn't really saying they help, I was saying how it's stupid to hold back things from kids because they are sword fighting and shooting beams of light in a game at each other and not shooting flowers of love for the fairy princess. In a way, storys like this do help children though, because in the end it is a sign of hope and a memory. It helps children to be creative if they take the story in(or even the art and music, which holds true to me). Hell, we just might see the next (put good writer here) because they saw the power that games show and want to create something of their own.

I think parents think that stuff like this is bad because of the way games started up, hitting a ball back and forth. I mean everytime I watch family guy, my mom thinks it's so wrong, yet when they do the same thing on a real person show it's somehow not as bad. It's just a set mind that human nature somehow accepts with out thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts