Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anybody tried to download files from iDrive: "The Enchanced Storage Solution"?

It is a pain in the bottom to get anything downloaded from that site!

The site doesn't support the resume function for Getright and the transfer rate is slow. :mad:

Unfortunately most of the MP3s I want is on that site.

Does anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
If you want to get mp3s use audiogalaxy satellite. It works like napster providing a little program that allows you to download mp3s... however it has its own built in resume option. You can find literally any song (just like napster in the old days). Visit www.audiogalaxy.com for more info.

Ps if anyone figures out how to get it to run on a proxy let me know:D

·
Registered
513 Posts
>Ps if anyone figures out how to get it to run on a proxy let me
>know
Though I'm sure you've already investigated it, did you try setting up your options in Options->Proxy Settings?

Regardless, I like AG too, it's infinitely better than Napster (for me, at least). What I could never fathom about everyone's love affair with Nap was the interface. While it might just have been my setup, it always seemed like the client was bombing out on me or (my personal favorite) it'd just freeze in the background and nothing (not even the three fingered salute) would get rid of the thing. AG, however, is considerably better.

Please don't get me wrong, as I was once a Napster user and I liked all the services it provided, but its crash-prone nature was simply intolerable.

>[snip, things about iDrive]
Be *very* cautious trusting important files to any sort of online storage service. As their capital dries up so too does the company. If I'm not mistaken MySpace either went out of business or changed the nature of their services. Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
yep of course. But it still refuses point blank. According to the faq that I've just looked at it has problems with proxies other than on port 21. Guess which one mine isn't on? Oh well back to the waiting game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts