Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you need to replace the battery?

I'm just curious as I want to minimize the amount of times I need to replace the PSP batteries!

So far I've recharged the PSP battery 4 times.

I might watch some Teen Titans or another animated series while doing laundry on the weekend.

I'm just curious how that will affect having to replace a battery?

· Curiously Cheddar
4,521 Posts
About 5 hours for me. And mine's a fatty.

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many times can the battery be recharged before it needs replaced?

· Registered
285 Posts

· Registered
13,287 Posts
Hmm. I dunno, 400 - 500 sounds about right to me. In my experience after that many charges battery life is at least halved. Hence why I'll never buy an iPod/Phone.

Of course I was never "good" to my batteries. IIIRC you're supposed to drain the batteries completely and then recharge them - which I have never done.

· Level 9998
10,591 Posts
If it's a brand new battery pack then you don't have to worry for at least a full year of charging/discharging.

Because seriously... you can't possibly charge/discharge the battery every day, and there are only 365 days a year. A Li-on cell lasts for up to 500 discharges from a full 100% charge. If you don't do a full discharge then the impact is much less.

So if you use the PSP every day of the year, you might be looking at a replacement... about a year and a half from now.

Edit: And you can get about 6-8 hours of battery life out of your PSP if you use her moderately throughout the day. Not with max brightness and loud volumes and wi-fi on all the time, that is. Look into underclocking as well, as that will save a lot more battery life. I think you can listen to music almost all day if you underclock the CPU.

· troubleshooter
8,978 Posts
With WiFi On, Max display brightness
Video~5hrs
Audio~8Hrs
Game~4-5Hrs(with UMD)

lower the brightness and volume.
to increase battery life, charge it only after the battery reaches near to 20% and then recharge it again.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Edit: And you can get about 6-8 hours of battery life out of your PSP if you use her moderately throughout the day. Not with max brightness and loud volumes and wi-fi on all the time, that is. Look into underclocking as well, as that will save a lot more battery life. I think you can listen to music almost all day if you underclock the CPU.
I've had my PSP since 2007 now and I haven't noticed the battery life go down at all. As for preserving the charge, I got the most notable difference when I use headphones. Using the speakers just drains them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.