Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I love where this is going. Maybe I'll go and buy myself one of these LG drives so I can rip my games and test GC emulation with textures replacement.

Just one question. Does this use only GPU, or CPU and GPU for the textures rendering?
It uses the CPU for converting the files to something the GPU can read, but it caches textures so there should be minimal lag when loading them.

On another note: r3190 should have the final format for loading textures implemented, but there are a handful of special cases which don't like to play nice which I plan to look at later.

If you try to dump textures, watch out for any of these three things:
* Using safe texture cache
* Using Copy EFB to RAM
* FMVs
Those can dump hundreds, possibly thousands of textures in a matter of minutes, and keep dumping them.

· Registered
9 Posts
nobody says nothing about the space in the hard drive for the dump textures... for my smash brawl the space in the texture file its more less 400 MB..., maybe this option its only for the people with a really big hard drive space...
Yes, since the textures are dumped uncompressed, they do take up a lot of space. Also, be careful of FMV in games, because the texture dumper isn't very smart and dumps every individual frame to your hard drive, and that can add up very fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.