Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About Speedhacks on different version game

Firsty thanks dolphin team!
I noticed that dolphin implement a Speedhacks on some game such as fire emblem wii. But I noticed that the Speedhacks only effect on the pal version. Other version such as ntsc and japanese version is not affacted.

I see the source code on R1471 as below: If I want to implement a Speedhacks on japanese version. How can I change the code? Thank you.

# RFEP01 - FIRE EMBLEM 10 EUR
[Core]
[Speedhacks]
0x80006e00=800
#Values set here will override the main dolphin settings.
[EmuState]
#The Emulation State. 1 is worst, 5 is best, 0 is not set.
EmulationStateId = 0
[OnFrame]
[ActionReplay]

I try to change the game config as follow , but It seems not effect. Can anyone teach me how to detect the value of speedhack? Thank you

# RFEJ01 - FIRE EMBLEM 10 JP
[Core]
[Speedhacks]
0x80006e00=800
#Values set here will override the main dolphin settings.
[EmuState]
#The Emulation State. 1 is worst, 5 is best, 0 is not set.
EmulationStateId = 0
[OnFrame]
[ActionReplay]

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i am guessing but this is an educated guess here. this like action replay codes where it only works specific to region and version of the game, the same code/cheat/hack will not work at all since it is a different game technically and will therefore uses different memory addresses.

you can hope someone to find the address for you to use or just guess it which it will be but you got 1 in 1 million chance of getting it right. you can be lucky and someone tells you how to make the speedhacks but still it is technically different game and setting the same values will offer the same results

1 - 2 of 2 Posts