Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :)

I want to buy a Nintendo Ds but I want some opinion,should I wait the Dsi model?

thx :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx ozzgx4,I think I buy a NDS because DSi have just a few small upgrades and nothing major and no slot for GBA that's bad,ok it has a large screen and 256 ram but it's just for Internet browsing I think....this don't affect games

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
If I were to buy one... I'd get the DSi.

Music playback is crucial for me. And that SD card will probably come pretty damn handy.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I wonder if there will be DSi games and DS games? Will they try and alienate DS gamers?
I don't like losing GBA compatibility, I have a ton of GBA games I like and own.
I don't think I'll buy a DSi.

Maybe I'll eventually get a PSP?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
If I were to buy one... I'd get the DSi.

Music playback is crucial for me. And that SD card will probably come pretty damn handy.
Buy a DS Lite then get a flash cart. Not only will you have MP3 playback (DSi only plays back AAC), you will also have movie capabilties, homebrew capabilities (that means... free drawing programs), and ebook capabilities. Plus that's probably cheaper than just a DSi.

I admit DSi looked juicy at first... until the battery life part, and then the AAC-only part.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will all new games for DSi compatible with DS?Games on DSi will work faster or it's the same?

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Buy a DS Lite then get a flash cart. Not only will you have MP3 playback (DSi only plays back AAC), you will also have movie capabilties, homebrew capabilities (that means... free drawing programs), and ebook capabilities. Plus that's probably cheaper than just a DSi.

I admit DSi looked juicy at first... until the battery life part, and then the AAC-only part.
Battery charges in 30minutes as opposed to the 3 hours of the DS Lite. Through my eyes, that more than justifies reduced battery-life.

The DSi doesn't have any of the above at the moment, what's to say it won't by the time he gets it?

In the end its all a matter of how badly he wants a DS. If you can't bear not playing games with a stylus that bad, just go ahead and buy the Lite. If you can contain yourself a bit longer, get the DSi.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Battery charges in 30minutes as opposed to the 3 hours of the DS Lite. Through my eyes, that more than justifies reduced battery-life.
Ah... nope. Read again? It's 2 hours 30 minutes. For a 30 minutes drop, you sacrifice... almost 5 hours of battery life?

The DSi doesn't have any of the above at the moment, what's to say it won't by the time he gets it?
No, actually it does. Flash carts... everything... but the battery life still sucks. And the price in Japan scares me: $190 for just the DSi.

I'm thinking more about price and battery life than the other features. Of course... music with full control, SD support on the get-go, Nintendo Shop for official games, web browser... I want all of those. Honestly. But the price is crazy. It's even more expensive than a PSP!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any news about realise on Europe?date?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Spring 2009 is all I get from Google and Yahoo and MSN at the moment. Seems like big N isn't in a rush to release DSi. There are quite a few who have already imported the DSi to play with its features, so I guess that's one reason.

More importantly, Nintendo even says that since the DS Lite is still so pop in the US, they don't even care to make preparations for DSi at the moment.

Seems to me more like a PS2 versus PSX (nope, not the PS1) case.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thx everyone for all this information :)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
By the way, it's $179.99 in the US, and is supposed to release on April 4th, 2009. Not sure about Europe... but I think you can expect it to be priced around that interval and released sooner than that date since USA is the least Nintendo cares about at this point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts