Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry If this question was asked before...

Dolphin is CPU or GPU dependant????

I'm asking this 'cause I wanna downclock my 4GHz OC to use less Vcore....to 3.6-3.7GHz.

also I wanna know if running the emulation at different resolutions will affect the FPS???, I'm asking you this 'cause (for example) using PCSX2 at bigger resolutions didn't affect the emulation speed.....I'm new with Dolphin, hope you can help me.

Thanx.

·
Gaming Sensei
211 Posts
From all indications, it is primarily - like PCSX2 - CPU dependent. As for resolutions, they've not made any performance decrease/increase with me either -- running at 800x600 or 1280x1024 -- framerate is the same.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about downclock to 3.6GHz.....much performance loss???

·
Le Tueur de Nems !
78 Posts
Yes you will loose some performance...
For exemple: Me : Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4ghz
FPS in Mario Kart WII 25 fps (no good playable)
I overclock it into 3.45ghz
FPS in Mario Kart WII 45~60 FPS (Fully Playable)...
So make you're choice.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
since Dolphin uses only 2 cores It doesn't matter if you run it with a quad.

but It's interesting that 1GHz OC could boost 100%+ of the speed on MK:Wii.

If I make the correct adjustments my new OC will be +1GHz too....hope losing 350MHz doesn't hurt the performance to bad.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i havent found any noticable increase in performance above 3.2 ghz.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was downclok 'cause I thought my 4GHz OC wasn't stable 'cause Vista X64 tend to hung randomly, after a little research I discovered that the OS was the culprit.

Now I'm using XP SP3 X86 and the SO didn't freeze anymore, I was afraid that using the 32bit version of Dolphin will halve the performance over the 64bit.

maybe I still don't run a game that prove me wrong, but using the 32bit version still performs equal (very nice performance) than the 64bit version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts