Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, free developing of SPU plugin is hard and time consulting job and I can't do it,
but it's true that Sound of Psxemu pro-like emulator is not good,
so why don't develpers ( pete,Iori(perhaps he know english)...)
try to make together a knew plugin, I think that can be great...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well it seems we have a new french here :D !

I m sorry but u are mistaking: the epsxe plugins can be used in psemupro as well.
(and their presents plugin are very well too)

bye (and welcome again ;) )

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
No,you misunderstood Rargh.
What he meant was:"Why don't SPU plugins developpers(i.e. Pete and Iori)work TOGETHER(ensemble en français:cool: )to make a better SPU?".

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by sekxx

but it's true that Sound of Psxemu pro-like emulator is not good...
I ve understood it Raz, but he also said that the sound of psemupro
like emulators are bad...
That s why I corrected him.
(no offense)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wouldn't have thought that would be a good idea. Maybe they could exchange some source (if they don't already).

It's like some idiot saying, Sony and Nintendo are working together to make a super console!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
One more time you misunderstood,AFAIK ePSXe is a PSemu-pro like emu,the only plugins that can be used with PSemu-Pro are the same as the ones used in ePSXe(i.e.:pete's,Iori's,Prodigy's,and Null's-which is discontinued-).
So I believe he knew that you can use the ePSXe plugins with PSemu-Pro.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I said that he was wrong when he said that the psemupro sound was bad. because that s the same plugins than epsxe.

So why would he have said:

"but it's true that Sound of Psxemu pro-like emulator is not good"

I guess we re saying the same thing...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by cairey
I wouldn't have thought that would be a good idea. Maybe they could exchange some source (if they don't already).

It's like some idiot saying, Sony and Nintendo are working together to make a super console!
Well,Sony and Nintendo USED to work together to create the very first PlayStation,which should have been a CDROM add-on for the SNES(I guess Nintendo can't release its add-ons?)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Rargh
I said that he was wrong when he said that the psemupro sound was bad. because that s the same plugins than epsxe.

So why would he have said:

"but it's true that Sound of Psxemu pro-like emulator is not good"

I guess we re saying the same thing...
I guess you can't understand this one heh?;)
The sound in the actual emus IS far from perfect,that's what he meant when he said "bad".
But I guess the only thing which can make us be on the same advice is a reply of sekxx

·
Registered
513 Posts
>It's like some idiot saying, Sony and Nintendo are working
>together to make a super console!
I don't think this analogy is very pertinent. After all, the authors of the SPUs aren't getting paid, so it's not as if they're on opposite sides of a warring party or somesuch. Though quite obviously I can't speak for Pete et al, I'd imagine that if one of the authors knew that another had managed to correct a given problem they'd feel inclined to drop the other a note and ask them if they could provide some guidance. Of course I'm willing to bet that, like all programmers, each of the SPU/GPU authors has their own style and despite the interface standard that ePSXe and such adhere to, it'd probably take considerable work to implement someone else's code within the framework of a given S/GPU.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hmm...
then epsxe team should co-opearte with vgs..also fpse team..
to write a perfect psxemu..
this should goes well with microsuck and apple too..a perfect
and bug-free os..
just dreaming
:p

·
Registered
513 Posts
>vgs [...] microsuck and apple
All of these either are or are the creation of commercial entities. ePSXe, the S/GPU plugins and the like are provided free of charge and are maintained by the authors because it's their hobby. In the above case, however, products are created with a potential market or niche in mind. Because their products are sold for a profit, these companies aren't likely to share information with one another. However, I should note two exceptions to this:

1) Microsoft and Apple have worked together for quite some time. Since the introduction of the Mac, if not earlier. To this date they share information, albeit not totally.

2) Apple releases the advances it makes on the Mac OS X kernel back to the public at large. Granted, this doesn't include such things as the Quartz interface and such, but all modifications they've made to the BSD/Mach kernel can be downloaded through their Darwin project.

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Originally posted by cairey

You can't compare plug-ins developers and those companies... Sony and Nintendo work for $$$ while Pete, Iori and Null work for fun (and for free!) ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts