Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the ability to close and open my own threads. I know theres a way to do this, without being able to reopen a moderator locked thread.

·
Code it the hard way :P
1,267 Posts
Don't see the reason not to add this feature.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want it so i can lock/open faq type threads that i start so i can edit in new info.

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Yeah both vbulletin and IPB have an option to allow you to lock your own threads, through group specific or global options. I believe you can choose so if a thread is locked by a moderator/staff it can not be re-opened by a normal user.

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
Unlikely to be granted to groups (granting that also wouldnt make sense). The only real thread ownership perms desirable to add (speaking for the viewpoint of all parties) would be thread renaming, and even that isnt as desirable as post deletion. Being able to rename your own threads/stickies is nice (to update the version numbers in it yourself, such as to mention the latest version number, or date of last edit).

FAQ threads themselves dont need to be closed, at the core (and are editable by non-mods as long as open).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
point is i don't want people responding in the faq threads, i want them to start their own, and having to pm jonc or someone to unlock a thread so i can edit and then pm them to relock it is a chore for them and myself.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
questions sure.... but someone posting unrelated.. ... or for help... argh..

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Ignore them :p

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Not a bad idea. Also, having the delete feature back would be nice

Whats this SL? I thought you were on our side??

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
There's sides now? well I'm on my side so hah!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm always on your side mistress, especially when theres slaughter to be had xD

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Mistress?? I'm her daddy boy!! SL, go cook me some vittles, I'm powerful hungry!!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
A prime example for thread cleanup. This thread obviously could have stayed clean if closed preventively, but then again the topic would not be possible to discuss/comment on.

If its closed, just PM a mod/admin to have it reopened or an edit performed on your behalf, I presume... The same can be performed for other threads in need of edits/reopenings, as an aside.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He can't, hes screwed tighter then a lugnut.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Rikki is right though. Enough with the spam. Lets just take it to the bin.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts