Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,506 Posts
Wasnt there an early exploit that allowed you to install linux, and play pirated games on the PS3?
No. Linux doesn't give you full access to RSX.

There is a hardware mod that allows you to play PS2 backups, but as it requires you to open up the PS3 and make some hardware modifications. I don't see it as very practical when there's a possibility of ruining a perfectly good PS3, no matter how small the risk is.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Well I hit 1.5MB/s on torrents all the time.

And sure, not everyone has such a fast connection, but even at 500 - 700 KBytes/s it wouldn't be that bad.
I have 125Kbytes download(Or you could say 1Mbit), it took me like 4 hours to get the Crysis demo, and that was less than a 2 Gig download.

Also, didn't Sony support and help distribute Linux on the PS3?

You can play pirated games on it, but you are limited to 2D systems like SNES, Genesis and stuff like that. I don't even think that it could do the heavier 2Dv systems either.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Well I hit 1.5MB/s on torrents all the time.

And sure, not everyone has such a fast connection, but even at 500 - 700 KBytes/s it wouldn't be that bad.
My average download speed is normally 20Kbps......yes some patience is required.....~2 weeks of it to be precise.......:dead:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts